We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

Hi Guys.

I am traveling to Singapore from India in July and i need to know which is the best place to buy Original Perfume in Singapore.

Does the duty free at Changi Airport provide a cheaper option to shop?

Or should i look to buy it from Shopping malls in Singapore?

Also is there a Limit to the no. of quantity of bottles in can carry back to India from Singapore? What does the custom laws say?

Kindly advice

Sandip

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

'Does the duty free at Changi Airport provide a cheaper option to shop?' definitely, that's why it called Duty Free Shop but they giving away less free hamper or maybe no gift at all compare to the shops in town.

'Also is there a Limit to the no. of quantity of bottles in can carry back to India from Singapore? What does the custom laws say?'.. of course you have to check with your local custom! If you plan to carry on-board, all LIQUID item purchase at the airport departure area will be given a special locked plastic bag. or else you just put in in the checked in luggage.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

I would definitely recommend Mhd Mustafa centre in Little India for the cheapest perfume prices in town.

http://www.mustafa.com.sg/index.asp

Not only are they open 24/7, but they stock an amazing range of perfumes.

Edited: 14 June 2012, 08:43
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,360 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

Perfumes & Cosmetics by Nuance-Watson

Nuance-Watson offers a wide range of perfumes and cosmetics, including established cosmetic houses such as Chanel, Christian Dior, Estée Lauder, and Lancome, and popular designer fragrance brands such as Calvin Klein and Giorgio Armani. Enjoy savings of up to 40% compared to local city prices, and the lowest prices amongst the airports in Asia-Pacific. Nuance-Watson Singapore's website is http://www.nuancewatson.com.sg/

TERMINAL 1

Public area

After immigration

TERMINAL 2

Public area

After immigration

TERMINAL 3

Public area

After immigration

BUDGET TERMINAL

After immigration

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

Scents for Cents has franchises all over Singapore, this proved to work out well for me and Mustafa also had a very good selection.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

Note - unless ur getting some deal for your perfume, the prices are just slightly lower in Singapore compared to what you get in India.

I bought an escada in Singapore last year for a few hundreds lesser if this ll make any difference to you

Cheers!

Aishu

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
473 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

Brad_Burt has got it in one, either Mustafa centre or Scents for cents. I usually find what I want at the branch opposite St.Andrews cathedral and the entrance to the MRT and there is quite a difference to the price I pay at home.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

I have found the duty free store claim that their prices are cheaper than in town is not true. The perfume shop at lucky plaza was selling the same product cheaper.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

You can also visit the perfumery at arab street area, mix and match scents and make your very own perfume.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
951 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

I could spend hours in JR Fragrance house testing all their perfumes! You can buy roll on purse size bottles for around SGD6.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to buy Perfumes in Singapore

Another vote for Mustafa. Much cheaper than the DF stores.