We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
79 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

Hello Gurus

I am applying for the tourist visa to visit Singapore but in required documents they are demanding vfsglobal.com/singapore/…tourism.html

A Letter of Invitation (V39A), from Singapore contact with a mention of NRIC number if application is made for Tourism purpose.

the issue is this I don't know anyone in Singapore plus I call consulate they told me that your hotel will issue this where my hotel (Hilton) state we don't issue or fill such kind of Form and I also call some hotels they also give me same answer so I need to know where can I get this type of letter

Please help me in this regard we already booked the flights and Hotel :(

Form link following vfsglobal.com/singapore/…FormV39A_100615.pdf

thank you in advance to help me in this regard

Faisal

67 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
326 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

From the Ministry of Foreign Affairs webpage, it seems that you can either provide a letter of invitation (like you mentioned) OR proof of hotel reservation.

mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overseasmission/londo…

"For Social Visit (visiting friends, relatives and for tourism), the following are required:

Either

(i) Completed Form V39A (Letter of Introduction for Visa Application)

The Letter of Introduction must be completed by your local sponsor who must be either Singapore citizen or Singapore permanent resident residing in Singapore at the time of application. A photocopy of your sponsor's Singapore Identity Card (both sides) is also required. Your sponsor must be at least 21 years of age and above;

or

(ii) Documentary proof of hotel booking in Singapore

If you are unable to furnish (i) or (ii), a letter of introduction from your embassy to support your visa application will also be accepted."

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,200 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

You could apply through an authorised visa agent based in Singapore. For example https://www.singapore-visa.sg

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
79 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

Dear

Thank you for your efforts actually i called the consulate of Singapore they told me that it is must for them to receive that form V39A and should be signed as well with National ID

so i have no idea what to do with it as i check with two other hotels and they also have no idea about it

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,200 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

Did you read post #2? A Singapore based visa agent will provide the documents needed ( including NRIC no) and submit them online to obtain the visa on your behalf. Ofcourse there is a cost associated with this servise over the $30 visa cost.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
79 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

Thank you I will apply in this

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

If you are unsure about the requirements or application process, better apply through a travel agent in your hometown who has experience of submitting Singapore visa applications. He should be able to tell you how to get the required documentation.

Lucknow, India
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

Hi Faisal,

Were you able to get the V39A for the visa? If yes, Do let me know how did you manage it from Saudi.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,358 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

johnkhan777, hi

Please read carefully post #1 and #2 of this topic. The answer is there.

Jeddah
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

Dear my khan

Could you please share your experience if you managed to get this form. Iam indian national residing in jeddah and planning visit to singapore currently facing the same issues you had. Appreciate your help. Thanks- farooq

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa

How did you finally get your letter and visa. Was a hotel reservation enough

Reply to: how do i get Letter of Invitation (V39A) for tourist visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted