We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Uber in Singapore feedback

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
239 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Using Uber in Singapore feedback

When booking our flights and hotel, I noticed that a few travelers asked about Uber in Singapore. We were there last week and used the service a few times. It worked very well and was a huge convenience. In most cases Uber was cheaper than the local taxis and having the online payment facility meant we didn't have to ensure we had Singapore dollars on hand.

41 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Using Uber in Singapore feedback

I love UBER. but find that some places do not allow UBER to access the airpoorts. Is this the case in Singapore? And how do I get the app? I assume it is different to the Australian app.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Using Uber in Singapore feedback

The Uber app is the same worldwide. You can use the same app you use at home as long as Uber is present in the city, and you have a Wi-Fi/data connection.

AFAIK there's no prohibition on Uber accessing the airport, but they won't be able to pick you up at the taxi rank, instead they'll use the private car pick up point.

That being said, the airport is one place that you won't need to use Uber. Taxis are readily available at the taxi rank.

33. Re: Using Uber in Singapore feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 December 2016, 23:35

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
99 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Using Uber in Singapore feedback

We arrive Changyi just after midnight when airport taxis add midnight surcharge of 50% so I think we'll try and uber XL for our family of four. Anyone have any experience to report with late night transfers at the airport?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
13 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Using Uber in Singapore feedback

I also arrived very late, and actually ended up staying at the Crowne Plaza in Changi airport. It was considerably cheaper than the hotel I was going to stay at, so arriving at 11pm and having to pay for a full night when I really wasn't going to be able to fully enjoy the hotel didn't make much sense to me. The Crowne Plaza was easy to get to within the hotel, it was a lovely and quiet room, they have a lovely breakfast, and I left after I ran an errand and after breakfast the next day.

I do remember that I tried to use Uber early that next day (I needed to get to a store to get SIM for my mobile phone) and the Uber driver could not find my hotel. I ended up cancelling Uber and taking a taxi. I actually sat and watched the Uber driver circling around and around, and the concierge at the Crowne Plaza said that sometimes happens. But the taxi was right outside and ready to go and taxis are great in SIN. In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed taking taxis everywhere I went while there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Using Uber in Singapore feedback

Thanks for the helpful replies :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Using Uber in Singapore feedback

3-9 November 2017 - Uber is a waste of time. Always on surge, taxis much cheaper and grab is a better option. Big change from January 2017. Majority of taxis take card so change is not an issue

1 post
Save Reply
38. Re: Using Uber in Singapore feedback

What app I have to download to use Uber in Singapore.

39. Re: Using Uber in Singapore feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 November 2017, 10:05

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Using Uber in Singapore feedback

Helane B, the app is called Uber. It's the same Uber app you use at home, you can use it anywhere in the world with Uber service.

Reply to: Using Uber in Singapore feedback
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted