We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa processing time for Indian citizen

4 posts
Visa processing time for Indian citizen

Hey! My friend is an indian citizen. Her visa got rejected today because she didn't show her hotel bookings there. If she applies on Monday will she get her passport by Friday? Generally how many days do the embassy take for visa processing?

60 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
21 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Visa processing time for Indian citizen

Hi my husband did it through an agency and it took approximately a few days

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
2. Re: Visa processing time for Indian citizen

Hi Jyotshna K,

My better half and I received our Tourist Visa within 72 hours of submitting the required documents recently in the month of June 2016.

Although it is difficult to predict whether your friend will have her things done by Friday if she is submitting the documents on Monday but I sense it should be done. Ask her to reach the agency immediately when they are open on Monday and request the executive to expedite.

All The Best!

I would love to read your post stating that your friend got her things done as desired.

Respectfully,

VK

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
118 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Visa processing time for Indian citizen

Next year we r planning to go Singapore and Malaysia with family.today I noticed that in my daughter's passport my husband name is Anil GUPTA instant of Anil Kumar Gupta.in all documents his name is Anil Kumar Gupta even his passport.it can create any problems regarding get visa??????

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Bengaluru
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Visa processing time for Indian citizen

@Jyotshna,

Which city do your friend live. If in Chennai, Mumbai or Delhi then there is a remote chance that it will be done by Friday, because these are the places where the consulate is and the application has to be sent to by your agent. The processing time in consulate is 3-5 days and in addition the courier time.

The best thing is to talk to the agent and ask whether they can get it done by Friday.

And in the first place, the agent should not have accepted the application without the hotel booking document.

Level Contributor
21 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Visa processing time for Indian citizen

No a minor difference in name should not be a problem Anjali.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
118 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Visa processing time for Indian citizen

Oh thank u,now feeling

good.

Edited: 06 August 2016, 16:32
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
7. Re: Visa processing time for Indian citizen

"And in the first place, the agent should not have accepted the application without the hotel booking document.""

Agree with balenoed, the agent was not supposed to accept your visa application packet of documents being incomplete.

4 posts
8. Re: Visa processing time for Indian citizen

Yeah. She has sent all the documents for reapplying. The agent should have told her before. Now, they said they will do that the first thing on Monday morning with note that she needs passport with/without visa by Friday.

Fingers crossed!

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
9. Re: Visa processing time for Indian citizen

Good luck!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
60 reviews
10. Re: Visa processing time for Indian citizen

Hi !

This difference can cause a problem for this visa and also for your daughter in future. It is advisable that you get the entry corrected in your daughter's passport since you still have one year to plan your travel (better to be right that be sorry).

My wife previously had this issue in her passport and we got a stamp and correction made by Indian embassy. Though we got it done in Singapore so it was hassle free. I can understand that it can be hassle in India.

Reply to: Visa processing time for Indian citizen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted