We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit in Santiago

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transit in Santiago

Hey Guys,

Actually we wanted to go to Quito/Ecuador via Santiago and Lima. Unfortunately the flight dates with LATAM have changed. Now we arrive at Santiago Intl. Airport at 6 p.m., the next flight to Lima will be at 9 a.m. the following morning. What opportunities are there, is it worth going into Santiago for one Night? Or would it be better to stay at the airport? As German passport holders there should be no problem with immigration.

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit in Santiago

I would stay at the Holiday Inn by the airport. By the time you clear immigration etc and get into town it will leave you very little time to do anything and then you have an early flight so you won't see much of Santiago. The airport hotel is very nice.

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit in Santiago

If waking up at 5:00 is not a problem, you should rather go to the city, say Lastarria.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit in Santiago

Just got back from Santiago, literally today. I agree with the first response. The Holiday Inn can be a bit expensive, but the airport can be hit or miss with customs. Arrival took us a long time to get though because of the volume of people. Departure was much quicker. The airport is a long way (in my opinion) from downtown Santiago and there is much construction around the airport. Traffic is horrible. Just my two cents. Safe travels.

Reply to: Transit in Santiago
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted