We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusion about Machu Picchu online ticket purchase

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Topic
Confusion about Machu Picchu online ticket purchase

Hi. I've been trying to figure out what's going on with my ticket purchase for a couple of days, and I'm hoping someone on here may have some insight.

I attempted to purchase my tickets into machu picchu online last night through the new webpage. While I have a resrvation number, everytime I try to go to the check-in page to print the tickets I get a message that says "Pendiente De pago" and pending payment go to any window of the Banco de la Nacion comes up. My account has been charged for the purchase, but it's bothersome that I can't print out the tickets like I thought I would be able to.

I've sent two emails to the call centre, and I've tried calling all three numbers listed, but can't get through.

Can anybody offer any insight as to what's going on, or what I need to do?

Thanks for your help

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Confusion about Machu Picchu online ticket purchase

The same thing is happening to us -- I'd like some insight too, please!

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confusion about Machu Picchu online ticket purchase

Click the day you have made the reservation, another window will appear, on the top you will see Consultations, click consultations and look for your name and check if it says in the row State: Pagado (Payed) If you reservation states payed you should be able to print your ticket.

Their phone: 0051 84 236061, they work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, they should be able to assist you regarding your reservation

Hope this helps you somehow..

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confusion about Machu Picchu online ticket purchase

I'm trying to book the ticket too. I got to the reservation code now but I couldn't figure out how to pay on the website. Please help.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confusion about Machu Picchu online ticket purchase

Follow Dogde's suggestions on post 23 (page 3). Make sure to note the reservation and ticket numbers may be slightly different.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294318-i3352-k4…

Also if it is more than 6 hours your reservation disappears

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confusion about Machu Picchu online ticket purchase

mlgb, thank you so much for the link. I was able to purchase the ticket successfully :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Confusion about Machu Picchu online ticket purchase

I followed Dodges' instructions, which are great. But I had the same problem mentioned here . . . got reservation code, but everytime I entered it to "pay," the code disappeared and I couldn't proceed. I am on a MAC. After trying on a PC, and still no luck, I finally had a friend do it on his computer. He had to disable "pop-up blocks," and that finally worked!! I got my tickets and printed them.

7. Re: Confusion about Machu Picchu online ticket purchase

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 10:16