We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carry-on bags on flight from Lima to Cusco

Detroit, Michigan
3 posts
Save Topic
Carry-on bags on flight from Lima to Cusco

I am flying from the US to Lima and then on to Cusco, and considering whether to bring my backpack as a carryon bag or stuff it in my checked bag. The backpack is the same size as a typical 21 inch high wheeled suitcase which fits in the overhead of large planes, but must be gate checked at flights that use smaller planes. Is there limited carryon space on the flight from Lima to Cusco?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carry-on bags on flight from Lima to Cusco

I think it will depend on who you are flying with. If you are flying with LAN or TACA I think you will be fine carrying your bag on but perhaps not with STAR PERU or PERUVIAN AIRLINES. When you book your ticket there should be info on carryon size and weight.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carry-on bags on flight from Lima to Cusco

LAN was pretty picky on carryons when I went. They actually went around the waiting area and pulled some bags and put them in cargo. So if you plan on trying that, have your valuables in a smaller bag inside that you can easily remove if that happens.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
459 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carry-on bags on flight from Lima to Cusco

LAN's policy regarding the carry on baggage seemed random to me. My carry on - a gregory back pack - was much bigger than my friends' but while the agent forced some of my friends to check in the bags, she let me board without a second look.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Carry-on bags on flight from Lima to Cusco

if it fits in the overhead of large planes and no more than 12Kg then there wont be any problem with any airline in peru. dont worry about it.

Regards

Hostel Rivendell, Lima ,Peru

Luxury Hostel / Lord of the Rings Style

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carry-on bags on flight from Lima to Cusco

I guess this is a new hostel trying to troll for customers here, be wary much of the info they are posting is not accurate!!

6. Re: Carry-on bags on flight from Lima to Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 18:18