We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Nasca to Cusco

Colorado
Level Contributor
241 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Nasca to Cusco

I plan on taking a bus from Lima to Nasca before I do the Cusco/MP/SV leg of my trip. But now I'm wondering if it makes more sense to take a bus from Nasca to Cusco, rather than take a bus back to Lima, and then fly to Cusco.

Any thoughts? I checked with Cruz de la Sur and they do not list a bus to Cusco, so maybe this is not feasible.

But if there is bus service to Cusco from Nasca, which bus company would I check into, how long would the trip be?

thank you,

Charlotte

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Texas
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,528 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Nasca to Cusco

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294311-i818-k4828…

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Nasca to Cusco

The bus ride from Nazca back to Lima is about 6-6.5 hours. Figure an hour or so to get to the airport and getting to the airport at least 2 hours in advance before your flight. Assuming all the stars aligned and you could find a flight that matched up with the bus schedules and your travel times its still 9+ hours till you could board the plane and then another 1.5 hours for the flight. The reality is probably more like you wont be able to fly immidiately and will have to spend the night in Lima of at least more time at the airport waiting for your flight so you might as well just take an overnight bus to Cusco from Nazca. Its going to be about 12-13 hours by bus I beleive. Definately go with www.cruzdelsur.com.pe and book seats on the lower level of the bus.

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Nasca to Cusco

Check this website. Its only 9 hrs from Nazca to Cusco.

http://www.go2peru.com/ecs3_ing_a.htm

Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
925 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Nasca to Cusco

No, that is not accurate. None of the bus companies do the Nazca-Cusco route in 9 hours.

Realistically, it is an eleven or twelve hour trip. I know because I've done this route more than 15 times, with the bus company Palomino.

It is definitely smarter to take the bus to Cusco rather than return to Lima. UNLESS you are very sensitive to motion sickness, as this route has more curves than a latina swimsuit model.

Edited: 07 January 2012, 11:54
Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Nasca to Cusco

Hmmm. We bus from Nazca to Arequipa n it takes about 8 hrs. (then fly to Cusco). From the map it looks equidistance Nazca to Cusco. Must be that 'this route has more curves than a latina swimsuit model'. Haha.

Mentioned in this post
Arequipa
Arequipa
Arequipa Region, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Nasca to Cusco

if you are in Nazca i recommend , Use the bus ....

Cruz del Sur & Tepsa are the best bus companies in the route...

7. Re: Getting from Nasca to Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2013, 18:20