We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SAS Travel Peru

Montrose, Colorado
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
SAS Travel Peru

Have many had good experiences with this tour company up the Inca Trail? Considering a trip late summer, early fall. Thanks, Bob Arnold Bobarnold26@gmail.com

Mentioned in this post
Inca Trail
Inca Trail
1,973 Reviews
Machu Picchu, Peru
Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SAS Travel Peru

hi.I used to trek with them a lot when I tour led for a foreign company.So bit different a to me being a tourist but they always looked after our groups very well indeed

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,674 posts
541 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SAS Travel Peru

They have good reviewson this forum.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SAS Travel Peru

You wonder: Why SAS Travel? Why not any other (and less expensive) company?

My boyfriend and I asked ourselves that same question when looking for an agency to do the 4 days/3nights Inca Trail tour. We ended up choosing SAS Travel, and did not regret it.

We had an AMAZING service with SAS Travel. The guide was so great, he shared so much of his culture with us, he was so attentive. The food was amazing, the "chaskis' (porters) incredible!

Did you know that some chaskis from other companies don't even sleep under a tent?! They are left to sleep in mountain caves, or outside under the rain!

SAS Travel has an amazing team of chaskis, which were well equipped with warm clothes and good shoes, and had a tent to sleep under.

When doing this kind of travel, I consider it "responsible tourism" to go for a company that takes care of its employees!

We were unlucky and had very bad weather on our trek. The 2nd day of the tour, where it had rained for 2 days straight, and where after passing the highest point of the trek some were almost in hypothermia, the chaskis took good care of us, and even went as to serve our diner directly in our tent. They were amazing, and our guide took a good and safe decision, as to our security.

In short, SAS Travel was the reason of our amazing trip, and made all the difference in the world. And this, is definitely priceless.

Ruth

Mentioned in this post
Inca Trail
Inca Trail
1,973 Reviews
Machu Picchu, Peru
4. Re: SAS Travel Peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:16