We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying tickets to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu

Toronto, Ontario...
3 posts
Save Topic
Buying tickets to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu

HI everyone,

Ill be travelling to Machu Picchu in May 2012 and want to buy the combined ticket for Machi Picchu and Huayna Picchu. However, when I go online to the ministry website, there are NO tickets being sold, even if I change the date to May 2045! Does anyone know how we can buy these combined tickets? I know you can buy the regular Machu Picchu tickets on the website right now, but I really want to be able to climb Huayna Picchu. I read that if you go to Peru you have to buy the combined ticket 4 - 5 days in advance. Is this true?

Also, is this website for buying tickets legitimate?: www.machupicchu-tour.com/tour/ticket.php…

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your help!!

Mentioned in this post
Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu
Sacred Valley, Peru
Huayna Picchu
Huayna Picchu
3,841 Reviews
Machu Picchu, Peru
Peru
Peru
South America
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying tickets to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu

I made a random reservation for May 1th and it looks ok.

Have you tried today to buy them?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying tickets to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu

Have you tried entering to the official website www.machupicchu.gob.pe today? I find plenty of availability for May 2012.

And no, that site (www.machupicchu-tour...) belongs to a tourist agency, it's not official.

Edited: 08 January 2012, 02:08
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying tickets to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu

We have just booked for late may and we were the first to book them for our date so plenty around for may

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying tickets to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu

Fantastic!

May is a great time for Cusco, happy plannings!

Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
5. Re: Buying tickets to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2013, 18:23