We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights from Auckland

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap flights from Auckland

Just thought I'd mention that Air Pacific has a special on at the moment for flights between Auckland and Nadi later this year.

Only $400 return per adult and $200 return per child. Pretty much the cheapest I've seen flights to Fiji in a long time.

I'm not the worlds biggest fan of Air Pacific, but for someone looking at traveling during that period, it's a pretty tempting deal.

I wish I was in the position to travel in these off-peak, non school holiday, periods. I could have saved thousands over the years.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap flights from Auckland

Air NZ has the same sort of deal at the moment if you go to grabaseat.co.nz.

This was supposed to be the year I finally returned to beautiful Fiji but somehow we ended up buying a boat instead... go figure, guess I still get to go 'overseas' though, just not in the way I'd imagined. ;-)

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap flights from Auckland

You're right. If you take the option without food or movies, Air NZ is about the same price. It's great that there is competition forcing the prices down. i just wish they would compete with each other during school holidays also.

Lucky you buying a boat. We would happily forgo a few years of holidays for a boat. Fresh snapper for tea every weekend - Yum.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap flights from Auckland

You're a bad influence Oskar! I had to take another look at the flight prices today and couldn't pass up $699 return (for two adults, one checked bag) with Air NZ.

Finally going back. :) Got to figure out the accommodation now, only got seven months to get it sorted. ;-)

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap flights from Auckland

Good on you! $350 p/p for flights is an awesome price! It's easy to travel lightly to Fiji, so one suitcase between 2 should be plenty.

Plus, the thing I like about Air NZ is even if you don't take the movie option, you still get the screen with the games and tv shows.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap flights from Auckland

Thanks for the motivation, I'm having so much fun deciding where to go!

Thirteen nights in beautiful Fiji.... 'lucky, lucky me'!!!

6. Re: Cheap flights from Auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:17