We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15 days balkan

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
15 days balkan

Hi Fellow Travellers

I am planning a 15 day trip to the Balkans.

I am starting in Zagreb and would not know where to end up but need to fly to istanbul at the end. 15 days not including Istanbul, just saying to see which city to fly out.

I like to see Lake Bled , Plitvice National park , Croatia in general especially Dubrovnik and if possible and easy to plan Split and krocula or Hvar. Mostar and Sarajevo. after that I am not sure to go where , perhaps Montenegro and Serbia or Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia? Is it possible to visit Zaknthos island and Meteora in Greece easily from anywhere there like from Albania?

Any professional advice is really appreciated , also how to travel , with rental car or bus and what routes to take?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Mostar
Mostar
Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
Sarajevo
Sarajevo Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Serbia
Serbia
Europe
Albania
Albania
Europe
Meteora
Meteora
4,205 Reviews
Kastraki, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
5 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 15 days balkan

If your trip is so busy I advise you to not spend any say in Sarajevo, it is not worth it.

Instead go for 1 day in Kotorr and spend 3-4 days in Albania by spending 1 day in Shkoder , 1 day each in UNESCO cities in Berat and Gjirokaster and 1 day in Saranda, after that go in Istanbul.

Mentioned in this post
Sarajevo
Sarajevo
Albania
Albania
Europe
Shkoder
Shkoder
Shkoder County, Albania
Berat
Berat
Berat County, Albania
Gjirokaster
Gjirokaster
Gjirokaster County, Albania
Saranda
Saranda
Vlore County, Albania
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 15 days balkan

Thank you ,

How about staying 4 nights in Zagreb for day trips to Slovenia and Plitvice Park and Zagreb and Ljubliana. Then Fly from zagreb to Dubrovnik and stay there 4 nights for day trips to Montenegro , Hvar and Mostar , and then fly out of Dubrovnik to Greece to visit Zakynthos and Meteora ?

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Mostar
Mostar
Greece
Greece
Europe
Zakynthos
Zakynthos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Meteora
Meteora
4,205 Reviews
Kastraki, Greece
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 15 days balkan

ignore post #1. he only tries to lurk you in his country

first of all your 15 days schedule is simply CHAOTIC and unrealistic (and forget about Meteora and Zakynthos)

Fly from Sarajevo to Istanbul after visitng Croatia and Bosnia. Come back another time for Greece, Macedonia and Albania

Mentioned in this post
Zakynthos
Zakynthos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Sarajevo
Sarajevo
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
Albania
Albania
Europe
Cetinje, Montenegro
Destination Expert
for Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
402 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 15 days balkan

VahidSh,

Four nights in Zagreb withe day trips could be doable but tiring so if you are prepared to do so fine. Fying to Dubrovnik is a good idea but staying there for four night is probably too much and too expensive. Instead I would go to Mostar from the airport, stay there for one day, visit Sarajevo and stay there overnight, back to Dubrovnik for a night or two depends on you and then move to Montenegro, stay in Kotor, maybe one more night on the way to Albania you could stay either in Kotor or along the Montenegrin coast and then move to Albania. In Albania I would definetly visit Berat and coastal area and move to Greece and at least see Ioanina. So many things to see in such a short time but I am sure you will have a great trip :)

Mentioned in this post
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Mostar
Mostar
Sarajevo
Sarajevo
Kotor
Kotor
Kotor Municipality, Montenegro
Albania
Albania
Europe
Berat
Berat
Berat County, Albania
Greece
Greece
Europe
Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
571 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 15 days balkan

Balkans might seem small in the map but transport network is not very well developed. No matter what kind of transport you chose, there is no way you could visit all the places you mentioned in 15 days.

Reply to: 15 days balkan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted