We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medication

2 posts
Save Topic
Medication

Am I able to go on holiday in Bulgaria wearing a Buprenorphine pain patch ?

Mentioned in this post
3 replies to this topic
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medication

Suggest that you talk with your doctor before you leave? No idea what the actual drug does, but I'm assuming it's pain relief? Maybe try the HMG advice website?

Douglas, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
756 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medication

You are generally allowed to take ( import ) up to 3 months supply of personal prescription medication between EU countries.

However, because of the nature of your medication, what it contains, and what it is sometimes used for, you should take a prescription with you and the box with the dispensing label attached, and check online as to the Bulgarian law on importation/use of opioids. My understanding is that in BG, it’s illegal and controlled but can be prescribed. It may be safer to pretranslate the script and dispensing label, just in case.

As it’s a controlled drug in the UK anyway you are not allowed to take it out of the UK or bring it back in without a personal licence if your trip is for longer than 3 months and/or you are carrying more than 3 months supply. You have to apply to the Home Office supported by a doctors letter, takes up to 3 weeks

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Medication

Thankyou for the imput. I'm only going for 7 days but I will get a Dr's letter to take with me.

Reply to: Medication
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted