We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia, November, Mljet and adventure

Croatia, November, Mljet and adventure

Hi guys,

My name's Ben and me and my girlfriend are new to traveling and would like to start in Croatia because we both love the stories and pictures come across.

We like watersports, riding, hiking, wild camping, mountains, wild swimming and history.

We are looking to go for a week November as the weather doesn't bother us and have heard it's fairly quiet that time of year as neither of like crowds too much.

We want to see dabrovnik to hike the wall and up to the top of Srd, We would like to see a bit of wild Croatia too such as the wildlife and the islands... We've heard Mljet national park is a good spot but not sure how to get there? If anyone has any information on any of these ideas or know of any other hidden gems a short bus or hike out of dobrovnik would be great :)

We'd probably airbnb it but would quite like a night or two out.

Happy with trains, busses ect.

We want to stay away from tours for now and were looking for a fairly budget and slow paced holiday.

Any comments, advice and ideas would be great and very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

2 replies to this topic
Durham
Level Contributor
5,826 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Croatia, November, Mljet and adventure

There will be no watersports in November and wild camping isn't allowed in Croatia. Mljet will be very quiet and if you've not got a car you will have to stay there as you can't do a day trip by catamaran after September.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
8,316 posts
520 reviews
2. Re: Croatia, November, Mljet and adventure

There is a carferry from Peljesac peninsula to Mljet the whole year. And to that harbor on Peljesac one can come with the bus too.

https:/…

Why not rent/use scooter or bicycle?

Reply to: Croatia, November, Mljet and adventure
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted