We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Cup: how long is too long in Volgograd?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
World Cup: how long is too long in Volgograd?

Hi guys

Heading to Russia for the World Cup.

Will be going to Volgograd for a game and debating whether 4-5 days there will be too many. Reviews I have read suggest it is better to get in and out quickly.

I am wondering if there will be enough going on there (people/excitement) during the tournament to make it a vibrant location.

Or would I be better (at considerably more expense) flying to Moscow and spending a couple of nights there first?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Russia
Russia
Europe
Volgograd
Volgograd
Volgograd Oblast, Russia
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
2 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: World Cup: how long is too long in Volgograd?

Hi! 1-2 days in Volgograd are more than enough :)

Mentioned in this post
Volgograd
Volgograd
Volgograd Oblast, Russia
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: World Cup: how long is too long in Volgograd?

1.Volgograd stands on a huge Volga river.Take a fishing or underwater hunting tour 2-3 days tour for example http://fish34.ru/fun/. Volga delta is one of the best fishing place in the world. trekhrechie.ru/stati/193-rybalka-na-axtube-v… . But note - a billion of mosquits are waiting there.

2. The city was absolutely demolished in WW2. Visit memorial museum of WW2 with guided if you are ready for horrible stories of how two armies fight and citizens live in the ruined city. No other place in USSR and Russia was so demolished.

Mentioned in this post
Volgograd
Volgograd
Volgograd Oblast, Russia
Russia
Russia
Europe
Reply to: World Cup: how long is too long in Volgograd?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted