We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public bus from beach to Ataco

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
public bus from beach to Ataco

Hello,

My family & I are looking forward to our first visit to El Salvador. We are planning to spend our first few nights in the el Tunco area. Then we are thinking of heading up near Ataco for 1 night. Can we do this by bus? Would we head toward Sonsonate, then towards Ataco? I would appreciate any ideas-- I usually am better prepared with this kind of info but I booked this with not much notice.

thank you :)

San Salvador
Level Contributor
445 posts
1. Re: public bus from beach to Ataco

I "think" that would be the route: Tunco (through coastal highway to the west till -> junction Coastal highway with highway from Acajutla to Sonsonate north -> Sonsonate -> Ruta de las Flores bus (Nahuizalco, Salcoatitán, Juayúa, Apaneca, Ataco)... Ask at El Tunco, as I am sure many people from there go to Ruta de Las Flores.

The alternative would be: El Tunco -> La Libertad -> San Salvador -> Ahuachapán -> Ataco

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
63 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: public bus from beach to Ataco

Since you are traveling with a group, i think it will be more convenient (and safer) to arrange for private transportation

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
3. Re: public bus from beach to Ataco

thank you both. I found a lot of bus info on the l p site. Not many buses to get to sonsonate, though they run frequently from there to Ataco. We are not a large group, just 3 including a 9 yr old. I may look into arranging a tour that day up in that area, then having them drop us at our new location. However it works out, can't wait!!

4. Re: public bus from beach to Ataco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2012, 18:25