We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather?

1 post
Save Topic
Weather?

Is travel in rainy season , rain all day ? what is it like ? I'm coming from Vancouver BC where it rains most of the year =/

2 replies to this topic
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
247 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather?

Depends on where you are but the wettest months in Granada are June to October averaging 6-8 inches per, 39 inches for the year - less than you get in Vancouver. June, September and October are the wettest of those five. I’ve been in Nicaragua every month except April, September and October. Except for the dry season, the months I’ve been there, it was not unusual to get a brief afternoon shower, but not necessarily every day. Last summer, not much rain at all, during the whole month of July in Laguna de Apoyo.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Granada Department, Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Central America
Laguna de Apoyo
Laguna de Apoyo
938 Reviews
La Laguna de Apoyo, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather?

September and October are the rainiest, almost every single evening and some days. Crazy lightning shows. Here on the beach In Salinas Grandes, usually only rains at night. I have found during June, July and early August we will get three or four nights in a row of rain and then 3 or 4 nights without. Weather is usually overcast when you wake up, clear skies by 10 or 11 and then rain rolls in around 4-5.

It is still pretty hot most of the time

There are mornings where it can be a bit chilly, usually when overcast after a big rain

Reply to: Weather?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted