We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Sapoa Nicaragua

Leadville, Colorado
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Sapoa Nicaragua

I'm looking to take a one day excursion from Costa Rica into Nicaragua, just to visit the country. I'd be driving from the Guanacaste area. Would this be a safe trip? Any concerns for 'life or limb', etc. etc.?

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Central America
3 replies to this topic
Umatilla, Florida
Level Contributor
530 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Sapoa Nicaragua

Unless you have made previous arrangements with your rental car company to meet you at the border and exchange your CR vehicle for one registered in Nica you cannot cross the border. Look at the posts on the forum right now and you will see that there is civil unrest happening now with many protests and road blocks. I travel to Central America regularly espescially Nica but I'm staying put in the US until this settles down.

Mentioned in this post
Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Sapoa Nicaragua

there are companies as papagayo plus that does day trip from CR to Nicaragua, Granada mostly check with them if want to go a bit further, but to Sapoa the only option will be to leave your car at CR side and get another at NICA side but of course will be paying two car the same day.

Mentioned in this post
Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Central America
Granada
Granada
Granada Department, Nicaragua
Leadville, Colorado
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Sapoa Nicaragua

Thanks a bunch. Work is taking me to Costa Rica rather spontaneously, so this trip was a bit of a whim. Will look at going to Panama now.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Panama
Panama
Central America
Reply to: Day trip to Sapoa Nicaragua
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;