We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paso Canoas to Volcan by public transport?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
470 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Paso Canoas to Volcan by public transport?

I'm living in Costa Rica at the moment, and will be doing a visa run to Panama. I've been to Boquete before, and although I had a great time there, I thought that this time I'd head up to Volcan.

After I get through Customs/Immigration, I know that there are little minibuses frequently leaving for David. Is my best bet to catch one of these as far as La Concepción, and then catch another minibus towards Volcan? Or is there a better way to do it? And how frequent are the buses between La Concepción and Volcan? How long would you estimate it takes from the Panama side of Paso Canoas to Volcan - about 3 hours?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Panama
Panama
Central America
Boquete
Boquete
Chiriqui Province, Panama
Volcan
Volcan
David
David
1 reply
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paso Canoas to Volcan by public transport?

Actually there is another crossing very close to Vocan and I assume you can easily get to it on the Costa Rican side. It is called Rio Serano and you can pass through it and then take an hour bus into Volcan. Rio Serano is an ultra mellow border crossing so make sure you dont miss it when you cross over.

Mentioned in this post
Volcan
Volcan
Reply to: Paso Canoas to Volcan by public transport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted