We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival events

Level Contributor
177 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Carnival events

Hi! We will happen to be in Panama City Feb 10 the first day of Carnival before heading to Boca Del Tores . We hear this is not the best place to experience carnival but there are celebrations. Can anyone give me a tip as to if there may be a parade that day or where we could experience a bit of these festivities ? Thanks !

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
4 replies to this topic
boondocks
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival events

Lizwood71,

My wife and I were in Panama City for Carnival earlier this year, and I hear it depends on the experience you are looking for. We had our two kids with us, so wanted a more tame experience. We got to see a parade, eat some good food and enjoy a celebratory atmosphere. The celebrations in the "interior" are the ones with the large crowds, the loud music, etc., at least that is what a few of the locals shared.

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Level Contributor
177 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnival events

Yes I’d love to see a parade. Did they have them all four days ? Thanks!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
20,015 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival events

Have a read here - livinginpanama.com/panama-travel/carnival-in…

and - http://pty.life/carnavales-in-panama/

encuentra24.com/content/panama-en/resources/…

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnival events

Yes there are parades every day. Of course, Panama City is pretty tame compared to the interior of the country but it can still be fun. A big thing for Carnival is Culacoes (sp?) which are water trucks that spray down people as they are dancing to deafening music in the streets.

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Reply to: Carnival events
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;