We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full transit through canal

michigan
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Full transit through canal

Please help me talk my husband out of the full transit. I'm thinking the half transit is plenty and from most of the posts I'm reading, the full is way too long....and HOT. Anybody have any horror stories : )

Panama Canal Partial Transit...
227 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Free Cancellation
Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal and...
153 Reviews
from US$135.00*
Panama Canal Full Transit Tour
46 Reviews
from US$180.00*
Free Cancellation
Central Florida
Level Contributor
254 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full transit through canal

Not a horror story; but, the partial was LONG! Another family staying where we stayed regretted the full transit. The Gatun locks were great to see (we spent a day on that side)--you get very close to them; but, just drive over to see them.

It was hot, you are on a boat with sweaty people for hours, why take the long trip. I recommend the partial; however, I've never done the full--and, I can't see myself ever doing the full. I'm jus not sure what more you get with the full.

Have a GREAT trip!

Montreal
Level Contributor
314 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full transit through canal

I have the opposite problem, we are booked for a partial because all the full transits are booked for Feb 11 (both tour companies). So this might end up helping you depending on when you are going. Just delay the booking, sigh and say to hubby "Sorry sweetie, but we can't get on the full canal transit......"

Note that my husband is very disappointed by our situation, especially since he chose his vacation dates to coincide with the full transit.

Denver
Level Contributor
243 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Full transit through canal

We are doing a partial transit Feb. 3rd, seems like enough time for us. Gives us time to get back and go find a fab restaurant for dinner!

4. Re: Full transit through canal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 18:22