We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PC Hotel Recommendations Needed

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
PC Hotel Recommendations Needed

Please help with hotel recommendations in Panama City! We'll be arriving late in the evening our first night in Panama and will want to have quick and easy access to the airport that will take us to Bocas the next morning. On the way back, we'll actually leave Bocas two days early so that we can visit the canal and Casco Viejo (at the very least). We'll again want quick and easy access to the airport for our international flight out. We'd like a pool for our second stay in PC, restaurants close by and if possible, Wi-Fi. Quiet rooms are preferable for both stays. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Panama
Panama
Central America
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Casco Viejo
Casco Viejo
9,623 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PC Hotel Recommendations Needed

You are going to be flying in and out of different airports (Tocumen and Allbrook). For your return trip, the Radisson Decapolis (and other hotels in Punta Patilla, such as the Trump) would fit your requirements, as they offer easy access to the highway that runs to Tocumen (Corredor Sur). There's also a nice pathway along the Costera from Punta Patilla all the way to Casco Viejo (approx. 2.5 miles). On the way in, pick something close to Allbrook, the morning traffic can be horrendous. Sorry, I don't have a recommendation for you in that area.

Mentioned in this post
Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City
Radisson Decapolis Hotel...
1,918 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
Casco Viejo
Casco Viejo
9,623 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
114 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PC Hotel Recommendations Needed

We stayed at the Panams Hotel and it wasn't far form Allbrook Airport. It's a really cool boutique hotel. Nice breakfast too.

Creede, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PC Hotel Recommendations Needed

We have the same itinerary over the Thanksgiving holiday, so thanks for asking the questions we needed answers for! Did you find any other hotels that work for your (and our) situation???

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PC Hotel Recommendations Needed

We're halfway there. Our first night, we're staying at the B&B La Estancia. It got decent reviews, the rate was fine and so far, they've been pretty helpful with regards to airport transportation and a flight over to Bocas. What we're going to do about the trip back, I have no idea...I'm stumped. I think I'm asking for too much and am going to have to figure out what the priority is. If you come up with something, let me know.

Mentioned in this post
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Creede, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PC Hotel Recommendations Needed

We are also going to stay at La Estancia. On our return to PC we are looking at the Bristol. We have a friend who is in PC quite a bit and he recommended it. Reviews are great, price is in the budget and location looks good. Where are you staying in Bocas? We are booked at Casa Acuario. Heard good things about it. We will be there the week of Thanksgiving.

Mentioned in this post
The Bristol Panama Hotel
The Bristol Panama Hotel
880 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Casa Acuario
Casa Acuario
105 Reviews
Carenero Island, Panama
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PC Hotel Recommendations Needed

We're staying at the Bahia Del Sol in Bocas. I'll check out the Bristol. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
The Bristol Panama Hotel
The Bristol Panama Hotel
880 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
19,876 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PC Hotel Recommendations Needed

Since the canal and Casco Antiguo are one end of the city and Tocumen is the other, you can't really get a hotel that is convenient for both. Unless you have an early flight out, there seems little point in being close to the airport for a couple of days.

The Bristol is close to a number of restaurants, and a number of other hotels, but is not a scenic area.

Mentioned in this post
Casco Antiguo
Casco Antiguo
89 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
The Bristol Panama Hotel
The Bristol Panama Hotel
880 Reviews
Panama City, Panama
Creede, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PC Hotel Recommendations Needed

Is there a hotel you would recommend that is in a scenic area and conveniently located??

9. Re: PC Hotel Recommendations Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2013, 17:15