We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack to wear!?

Milledgeville...
1 post
Save Topic
What to pack to wear!?

I will be flying into Portland Oct 6th and staying in Andover until the 9th. This will be my first visit to ME. What do you advise I pack to wear?

Thanks!!

3 replies to this topic
daisytown
Level Contributor
684 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack to wear!?

Pack a bit of everything. Yesterday here I wore shorts it was sunny and warm. Today windy and 54. You will probably get a mix of weather, some days start out cold and end up very comfortable.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,176 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack to wear!?

This is the time of year when most of the natives begin to "layer" up so we can adapt as the day goes along. Andover is in the foothills of the Western Maine mountains area, so will be cooler than some lower-elevation, closer-to-the-coast area. They've already had their first overnight frost warning of the year. I'd anticipate daytime high in the upper-60's-to-low-70's at warmest and overnight lows in the 40's or so -- with possible exceptions to either. A pair of medium-weight slacks, llght blouse with long-sleeved sweater-or-fleece to go over it plus a windbreaker or light raincoat should get you by in most situations and allow you to add or subtract layers as needed from day-to-day or during the day.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
517 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack to wear!?

Maine = Casual. Flannel shirts, fleece jackets, jeans, wooly socks and sturdy shoes or boots. Rain is always a possibility as is 80's and sunny! Think Land's End or LLBean if you want to just blend in... If you are going out for a nice meal, business casual is good 95% of the time. Enjoy your trip!

Reply to: What to pack to wear!?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Andover