We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days itinerary for Croatia

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
8 days itinerary for Croatia

Please help me in finalizing an itinerary for Croatia for 8 days. Me and my husband planning a trip in May end / June beginning.

Where should we stay? Which places to visit? Which places can be clubbed? Efficient means of transport? We are flexible to stay at multiple places (like 2-3 places else our time will be wasted in shifting, checking in and out only).

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
14 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 8 days itinerary for Croatia

Note that, at least with Venezia Lines services to Rovinj, the boat departs Venice late afternoon and arrives at 8-8:15pm. You would then have to make your way to Plitvice, which isn't straightforward. There are no direct buses. It's a 3 hour+ drive.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 8 days itinerary for Croatia

Also, you can't visit Brac and Trogir on the same day. The Krilo catamarans to Brac leave early in the morning and return in the evening. The Jadrolinija one leaves Split in the afternoon and doesn't return until next day.

Mentioned in this post
Brac Island
Brac Island
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Trogir
Trogir
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: 8 days itinerary for Croatia

We are thinking of taking bus from Venice early morning which will take us to Zagreb and from there we take another bus. Is there any other more efficient route?

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Zagreb
Zagreb
Central Croatia, Croatia
Korcula
Level Contributor
429 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: 8 days itinerary for Croatia

Dalmatian Route

Take Krilo.hr and island hopping starting Split, Brac, Hvar, #korcula, and Dubrovnik. Brac you can skip it if you want to stay longer in other places. Brac is nearby Split, daily trip is fine too.

What to visit in Split

The old town of Split is lovely to see. Historical point and many transfers to Blue Laguna, Blue Caves.

Beaches: Marjan, Bacvice, and Makarska.

NP: Krka, Plitvice Lakes if you have time for it. I suggest one or two-night sleep.

Food: My personal recommendation for food and wine is 'go islands'.

Brac

Beaches: Bol and so many others local beautiful beaches on the island.

Hvar

Hvar, Stari grad and other old towns to visit.

Korcula

Korcula is my favorite town, a Marco Polo Birth Place. HereI can give you a longer list. Beaches: Trstenica, Lumbarda, and Pupnatska Luka. Transfers to NP Mljet. Food and wines on Korcula island is something that you must try. Korcula town it self-has a Center Street Promenade 'Setaliste Petra Kanavelica' with plenty of restaurants. Wine street has name 'Ulica Antuna Rozanovica'. Talking about local dishes and wine, villages outside the Korcula town are popular with real traditional experience.

Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik my birthplace, not just famous place but magical place. Old town has something to show. You can spend hours and days inside it. Cabel car with a magnificent view of Dubrovnik. I recommend having a lunch here on the hill. Beaches: Banje, Srebreno, and Lapad. Transfers to Islands and parks.

I hope you did enjoy reading it.

Best wishes

Mentioned in this post
Split
Split
Brac Island
Brac Island
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia