We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional dancing.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional dancing.

Is there anywhere in Dubrovnik that does traditional dancing? I am aware that you can see it in Cilipi on a Sunday morning but as we arrive Sunday lunchtime and are only staying a week we will miss it.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
5 replies to this topic
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional dancing.

Check the announcements of Lindjo folclore ensemble

http://www.lindjo.hr/#

tzdubrovnik.hr/lang/en/get/dogadjanja_folklo…

tzdubrovnik.hr/lang/en/calendar/0/index.html

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional dancing.

Thank you 424tarikd

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional dancing.

Welcome! Mirsad Omercahic, late long-terrm head of the Lindjo ensemble, was my cousin - so I am familiar with their work more than most people

http://www.effect.hr/~effect/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=699:in-memoriam-mirsad-omerahi&catid=43:notabene&Itemid=111

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional dancing.

Thanks again 424tarikd unfortunately I am unable to read the article as my Croatian is limited to please thankyou and hello, goodbye but he looks like a very nice man and obviously taken far to young.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traditional dancing.

He he that's why there is google translate. Not perfect, but gives a general idea....

The battle with severe illness also lost Mirsad Omerčahić, the director of the Folklore Ensemble "Linđo" for many years. One would think that such people full of life, optimism, and spirit can simply never be broken, that they will be eternal. Mirso was almost an ideal director, an economist by profession, a vocalist with a vocation, a favorite for everyone, a wolf, a social ... It is no accident that he was unanimously appointed a director twice in a row at the City Council of the City of Dubrovnik. Dubrovnik has always recognized true values ​​and true people, regardless of the ignorance of which is objectively conditioned by differences. Mirsad Omerčahić has successfully managed the "linđovce", which is indispensable in Dubrovnik and all over the world, recognizable to anything but the brand, and even to a higher quality level, raised Dubrovnik's folklore tradition, despite some and not very favorable times for culture. To all those who knew him, even superficially, Mirso would have to remain in constant memory, if at any other, at least for that faint face, inexcusability and somehow unparalleled goodness, what is less and less in this hurdle of time and space and when we set The question itself: Where are we actually rushing? only when we suddenly stay without some of our dear and everyday people ...

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Reply to: Traditional dancing.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;