We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Dubrovnik and possibly thunderstorms?

1 post
Save Topic
Weather in Dubrovnik and possibly thunderstorms?

Hello there

I'm actually heading to Dubrovnik this Saturday for a week and it's great to get away and experience a different country/culture. However, I just looked up the weather for Dubrovnik and it looks pretty bad with rain forecasted and thunderstorms. I'm just wondering would it affect me to getting to other places (walking around) etc and does the weather change quickly since I have been looking forward to a sun holiday for awhile

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
8 replies to this topic
S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Dubrovnik and possibly thunderstorms?

I normally go by this site and find it to be quite accurate. Its too far out to predict what will happen next week IMO as the forecast does change.

prognoza.hr/sedam_e.php…

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
6,267 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Dubrovnik and possibly thunderstorms?

Check the long term:

https:/…long.html

and hour by hour for rain showers:

https:/…hour_by_hour.html

Dalmatia's chief daily newspaper (Slobodna Dalmacija) portal uses these forecasts by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Dubrovnik and possibly thunderstorms?

They can't really predict weather. Last few days they said it would rain but it was sunny, only few showers. Even if it rains it will probably be showers then sun again.

Ascot
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Dubrovnik and possibly thunderstorms?

I'm also heading to Dubrovnik this weekend and have seen similar forecasts for the last few weeks. My friend went recently and said they had one cloudy day and the rest of the time was sun, despite thunderstorms forecast. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the forecast is wrong!

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
9,512 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Dubrovnik and possibly thunderstorms?

Our forecast in my area of Istria has been wrong about 75% of the time but then it's very difficult to predict weather with such varied topography with any degree of accuracy...chance of thunderstorms could mean 0-100% so you just don't know. Thunderstorms predicted like crazy for two months and we've had nothing but sun and heat every day except three. We could use some rain!

Point is, don't rely on forecasts beyond a day or two. Even then things can...and often do...change.

Mentioned in this post
Istria
Istria
Croatia
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Dubrovnik and possibly thunderstorms?

Even if it rains, it's high chance that it will pass and become sunny. We got the car ferry from Split to Stari Grad last week and the thunderstorm at Split was incredible, it bucketed down, there was lightning, the sky looked bruised it was so dark, but the sun was out too for a while. Our ferry was due to leave at 08:30, and at about 07:45 the storm passed. We got not a drop of rain on us, we sat at a cafe with a coffee before boarding the ferry at about 08:15. Arrived to a hot sunny day at Jelsa. A few days ago here I swore we were going to get a downpour, but nothing.

Mentioned in this post
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
13,032 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Dubrovnik and possibly thunderstorms?

It is often imprudent to predict the weather.

Go with rain gear and enjoy the sun

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Dubrovnik and possibly thunderstorms?

The OP is already there...and probably enjoying nice weather. (with an occasional and brief shower. )

Reply to: Weather in Dubrovnik and possibly thunderstorms?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted