We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adriana Excursions are hopeless!

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Adriana Excursions are hopeless!

My wife and I went on a day tour to Montenegro with Adriana tours. We purchased it for 250 Kuna each, the going price in Lapad, and were told it would be a guided tour and would include a view of Sveti Stefan amongst other things. After about two hours on the mini bus, the guide had not uttered a word (not even her name!) and I asked her if she was planning on doing some talking as I was keen to learn a bit about Montenegro. She said she would at the next stop (Kotor). When we got out she basicall said that she hates all Serbians and then asked me what else I wanted to know. She was unable to offer anything more than that. At Kotor old town she asked us to go to the information centre if we needed to know anything. I gave uo after that. We completed the tour, without Svet Stefan (because she was not instructed to take us there despite everyone on the bus being told they would be). When it game to payment we stated it would not be fair on there part to expect the full amount. She did admit we were given incorrect expecations as she was just a 'companion' and infact she had never been to Montenegro before! The driver wanted to call the police when we suggested paying 100 Kuna less. This did not happen. We paid 100 Kuna less. We went to the office the next day and the manager basically said we were lying about what we were told to expect and that was that. Overall we felt very cheated and should have done a self drive tour instead. Adriana excursions are just a cheap company that are not interested in doing there job and I suggest to avoid them at any cost.

Best Seller
Viator Exclusive: 'Game of Thrones...
628 Reviews
from US$66.90*
Best Seller
Game of Thrones Extended Tour
130 Reviews
from US$57.00*
Best Seller
Montenegro Full-Day Trip from...
766 Reviews
from US$57.00*
County Donegal...
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adriana Excursions are hopeless!

Sad to read this & it sounds like you had a most unpleasant daytrip.It's good that you let as many people as possible know about your experience.The price caught my eye though at 250 kunas,that sounds very cheap,i would have thought around 350 kunas wouldn't have been over the odds

Have you contacted the Dubrovnik tourist office over this?

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adriana Excursions are hopeless!

Thanks for your reply and concern. Admittedly we it was less than what the tours from the old town were costing, however my sister did a tour with Lea Travel 3 weeks ago for the same price and said it was excellent and the guide spoke the whole time. Infact most tours from Lapad were costing this much. I will take your advice and mention it to the tourist board tomorrow before leaving. Otherwise our trip to this beautiful part of the world has be wonderful.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adriana Excursions are hopeless!

I'm pleased to hear that the rest of your trip went well.On your return,please let us know how you got on with the tourist office

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adriana Excursions are hopeless!

thats too bad. We took the local bus to Kotor and stayed overnight and had a brilliant time.

That was a bad experience for you. Maybe the poor girl had her family killed or maimed during the war and was made to go on the tour. Maybe it was against her will, but part of her job. Maybe that is why she had no interest in the place. Not saying it was fair on ye, but if you look at the "human" rather than the "Worker", you might understand it more.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adriana Excursions are hopeless!

In follow up to my last post, I emailed the Dubrovnik Tourist Board who have just replied and said they will look into the matter. They seemed to be of the opinion that all tours should be conducted to a minimum standard, and wll be taking the matter seriously.

6. Re: Adriana Excursions are hopeless!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2011, 13:17