We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

time2travel88
Level Contributor
47 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

Here are a few questions:

1. What ferry company would you recommend booking with?

2. What cabin type would you recommend for a couple? Is a shower necessary or just a toilet?

3. As we can not board our cruise in Dubrovnik until 2pm is there somewhere at the terminal we can securely leave our luggage while we explore the city?

Thank you in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
107 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
101. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

Yes you can. I am an Indian vegetarian and I knew that I would have fewer options, so I had taken some food along.

Johannesburg, South...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
102. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

We trying to find out if we can get the tickets day before as well as we told you can only board at 6pm and we need to be out our hotel in morning...why do they make life so difficulty

Figtree, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
103. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

Even tough it is 2018 Jan I took a copy of cliffsydney in case it is still the same. We are travelling on this ferry in September 2018. Timetables not yet posted. This may be a valuable bit of info thanks for that.

Figtree, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
104. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

Are the beds in the cabin up and down bunks or side by side in a twin cabin as we are elderly.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
105. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

I had booked a twin cabin in this ferry and it had 2 single beds on side by side. Not sure about other cabins.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
4,928 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
106. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

It's this ferry being used:

jadrolinija.hr/en/…dubrovnik

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MF_Dubrovnik

doverferryphotosforums.co.uk/mv-duchess-anne…

Maybe somewhere you can find the cabins interiors or plan

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
107. Re: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik

Just took the ferry Bari to Dubrovnic (May 2018). It was easier that these posts suggest. We checked out of our hotel and left our luggage at the hotel for the day. We were able to pick up our tickets at the Jadrolinija office at the port (next to the pedestrian gate) in the morning. Then you can go across the road to explore the old town for the day. Just turn up at the ferry terminal about 6.30pm to check in and go through customs.

One recommendation - give breakfast a miss on the ferry, it is terrible. You can get coffee and a pastry at the bar if you are hungry and have breakfast when you get to Dubrovnik.

Edited: 17 May 2018, 03:17
Mentioned in this post
Bari
Bari
Province of Bari, Italy
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Reply to: Ferry: Bari to Dubrovnik
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted