We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
726 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

Hi travellers

Any opinions on the accommodation listed below would be gratefully accepted!

Have read some good things about the following places:

* Riverside Guesthouse

* Villa Chitdara

* Villa Senasouk

* 3 Nagas (only ones who haven't responded to my email query)

We will need enough rooms to fit 2 x families totalling 11 people.

We would like at least a couple of our rooms with a decent view of the monks morning alms procession - I definitely don't want to get in their face or even stand across the road if possible.

Our budget is more backpacker - but wanting "flashpacker" benefits if we can get it! :)

thanks all!!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,802 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

We stayed at Villa Chitdara last year and loved it. Great location for the morning alms, fab breaky, free wifi and located in a quiet street between the main road and the river. Great little 'corner shop' and cheap laundry directly across the road.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,150 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

Hi,

You can see the monks going past Villa Senasouk, Three Nagas and Villa Chitdara assuming you get a room on the front of these places, but not Riverside Guesthouse which is in a lovely spot on the Nam Khan side and less than 100m to the main street so convenient yet quiet. Villa Chitdara is also in a good spot, one street back from the Mekong and is convenient for many things and pretty quiet too. I was slightly undewhelmed by the Chitdara for the money, but that's probably just me. Riverside I like a lot and it's good value, never stayed at Senasouk as they've never had a room free, but it's in a great spot although the main street does get busier these days. Three Nagas is good but expensive compared to the other three.

Cheers

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

Thanks so much to both of you - that puts things in perspective!!

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
94 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

I was also slightly underwhelmed by the value of Villa Chitara, for the money that i paid. You are not alone ;) I stayed at the Le Bel Air for nearly the same money and really liked it much more.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

The 3 Nagas is very good, but quite expensive. They serve nice food as well.

The Riverside GH is lovely, especially if you get the balcony rooms upstairs.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

where about is Le Bel Air? in town or by the river

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,150 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

Hi,

The Bel Air is on the Nam Khan riverside, just across the iron bridge, so about a 10 minute walk to the centre. They do have bikes you can used though.

Cheers

Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

The Bel Air also have a shuttle service but we didn't find the distance from the central areas a problem. We enjoyed the walk when it was cool enough and tuk tuks were reasonable when we were feeling lazy.

We stayed in a bungalow by the river and loved it.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

thanks will check them out too.

Eb

10. Re: Any opinions on the listed accommodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 17:16