We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

Philippines
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

Hi, I am a Filipino citizen with valid UAE Residence Visa. I applied for Romanian Visa in Dubai Consulate thru online. I submitted my application on 1st of June, then today I received an appointment schedule on 5th of July. My flight is on 22nd of July, in their website it was mentioned that it may take up to 21 days from the appointment date to get the visa. I might not be able to get a visa before my flight. Is there anyway to expedite the process? I am really confuse because in their online application they mention

"It is highly recommended that visa applications be lodged at least 2 weeks before the estimated date of departure and not more than 3 month before that date"

I actually applied more than 7 weeks (52 days) before my departure date, but it looks like I won't be able to get the visa on time. Is there anyway to get the visa on time?

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Best Seller
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,962 Reviews
from US$67.40*
Special Offer
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
395 Reviews
from US$43.00*
US$48.00
Special Offer
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
136 Reviews
from US$53.00*
US$59.00
17 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,016 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

You have an appointment, so attend to it and hope for the best. Usually embassies issue visas as quickly as possible as they do not want to hold on to many passports at any given time.

Philippines
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

Thank you for your reply Vasu8. I was just thinking if its possible to reschedule it at an earlier time. Been trying to call them since yesterday but no luck. :(

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,866 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

Only they can help you but I agree with Vasu. You already have an appointment and they process strictly in order of priority to getting an earlier appointment won't make any difference to when they actually process, which, because they will be aware of your flight time, will be in advance of your flight.

Edited: 14 June 2017, 18:02
Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

Hello @28hermione28,

Did you receive your visa? is it really that difficult to apply Romania visa?

A friend of mine requested appointment last Jul 8 and till today she hasn't received schedule. We'll be travelling on Aug 30 and now we are starting to get worried for her. We tried to call and sent email to the consulate but no response.

Any advise or suggestions? or shall we just keep our fingers crossed and hope of the best -_-

Edited: 12 July 2017, 16:31
Philippines
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

At first I thought applying for Romanian Visa is easy, since its not even part of Schengen. And most people are saying they need Tourist. But as I go thru the process, now I know it is very hard to apply for Romanian Visa, not because of the requirements, but the time you need. I did not expect that 7 weeks is not enough to get your visa, now its 9 days till my flight, I still don't have the visa. Its very frustrating, I would never recommend the hassle to anyone. And the cost of money I will lose if I will not get the visa. I already paid for ticket, insurance, hotel and visa fee around $1,700 for 2 persons. We will just lose all our hard earned money because of them. :(

I am very brave to pay full for ticket and hotel, because I really thought in 7 weeks I'll be able to get the visa. Now I am already losing hope. :(

Edited: 13 July 2017, 22:28
Philippines
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

I can't believe its 6 days till our flight. Still no visa. This is really unacceptable. Its find if I applied very late. But imagine applying 7 weeks before your flight. That's almost 2 months. And their website is saying you should at least apply 2 weeks before your departure. This is so frustrating!!!

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

That’s really frustrating, feel sorry about it and I know it feels sucks! But you have till Thu, I think you will be getting your visa just in time. They have evaluated your file after submission, so at least they are aware about your flight schedule.

Friend of mine visited Romania last year and she was holding a Schengen Visa, she had to wait long time at the immigration in Romania for further checking and verification, she thought it would be an easy peasy for her since she was holding a Schengen Visa but it turned out not. Anyway, sometimes it is also depends on each person’s luck.

We have an appointment by end of this month and hoping they will release our visa without any delay -_-

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

Hi 28hermione28,

Feel sorry for you, so when finally you got your passport with visa stamped?

Amsterdam, The...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

Dear all,

I planned to visit Romania (I guess it was a wrong decision).

I have applied for my visa online, by uploading the documents on May 2nd and I got the email for my interview at the Dubai consulate on 4th of June and I need to travel on 14th June. I went and inquired today at the consulate and they say that there are 55 applications ahead of me in line. Is there a way that I could request, call a higher authority to make sure that I get my visa. I feel very helpless, Any help/suggestion is highly solicited.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai

Hi, were you able to get your visa in time for your flight?

Reply to: Visa Romania Consulate in Dubai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted