We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marquis V Hilton Dubai Creek

Scotland
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Topic
JW Marquis V Hilton Dubai Creek

Hi,

Im looking to book one of these 2 hotels for 2 nights as part of a 7 night stay....Im aware of the different locations...and plan to book a club package.

I would be interested in people views on which is best ?

5 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marquis V Hilton Dubai Creek

Without a doubt the Club package in JW Marriott Marquis. JWMM is a more upscale brand than Hilton, and it's a far bigger property with more lounges/bars (if that's your thing). As a Diamond in Hilton compared to a Platinum in SPG/MR I'd also say the elite recognition and benefits felt more at JWMMD.

Hilton is a mighty fine hotel too, a bit closer to Old Dubai whereas the JWMMD is a little isolated in Business Bay (albeit with more reasons to stay within the hotel).

All the above said, both are great hotels and I'm sure you will enjoy either.

Mentioned in this post
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
JW Marriott Marquis...
7,629 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marquis V Hilton Dubai Creek

If both hotels were in the same location I’d pick JWMM every time however you mention you’re staying for 7 nights but don’t say where you’re staying for the remainder or what time of year you’re staying

If you’re in Dubai in the cooler months and planning to stay in a newer area for the other 5 nights then I think The Hilton is in a great area for exploring old Dubai and a creek view room is an added bonus

If location isn’t a factor then I’d opt for JWMM as whilst The Hilton is nice it’s not quite as good a hotel

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Scotland
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marquis V Hilton Dubai Creek

Thank you...Im thinking about Dukes hotel on the Palm...it seems to have a good price for its club package.

We have stayed at the Hilton before in an Executive plus room and it was fab...the pool area was really small and the club offering very mediocre compared to other hotels - I agree though the location is good and creek view excellent......Mmmm which to chose ??...JW club seems excellent...for the current price...we are going next week on a last minute break :))

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JW Marquis V Hilton Dubai Creek

I like the JW for its top notch restaurants, don't miss out on Tong Thai or Rang Mahal!

Mentioned in this post
Tong Thai
Tong Thai
505 Reviews
Rang Mahal
Rang Mahal
662 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JW Marquis V Hilton Dubai Creek

Elaine - just wondering what your criteria was to have offered up only those two (which are great choices, mind)?

There's oodles of hotels in Dubai, and many of the good brands/chains offer Club Access. My suggestion for choosing club facilities is to start with the brands that are focussed more on business travellers (or top end luxury) - e.g. Westin or Sheraton in the SPG mob, Intercontinental with IHG, Taj or Oberoi etc. etc.

If pool and lounge are big factors for you, I wouldn't look past the JWMMD. Once you start looking around, you're then into the 'paradox of choice' as there's so many great hotels e.g. Sheraton Grand, Westin AHC, Grosvenor House, Le Royal Meridien, Jumeirah etc. etc.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Taj Dubai
Taj Dubai
1,945 Reviews
The Oberoi, Dubai
The Oberoi, Dubai
2,141 Reviews