We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfer DXB to hotel in Abu Dhabi for family of 8.

North of England
Level Contributor
149 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Private transfer DXB to hotel in Abu Dhabi for family of 8.

I wondered if anyone could recommend a reputable company for our private return transfer from Dubai Airport to our hotel in Abu Dhabi.

There are 6 adults and 2 children in our family group.

We will be landing just after midnight local time and want to be sure of our transport arrangements.

I have the opportunity to book the transfer through my travel company but they can only offer 2 separate cars and we would all prefer to travel together.

I have googled my requirements and have seen several options but am just a little concerned that if the company does not actually have an office in the airport then there is the possibility that they might not turn up!

Obviously that would not make for a happy start to our holiday!!

We have experienced a 'no-show' before on our arrival at the airport but there were only the 2 of us at that time so it wasn't really a problem as we just jumped into a regular taxi and were refunded on arriving home.

But it would not be quite as relaxed with our group of 8!!

Can anybody help me please?!!

8 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
467 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Private transfer DXB to hotel in Abu Dhabi for family of 8.

There will be many 7 seater taxis at the airport available 24x7 and no need of prebook or private hire.

All Taxis in Dubai are metered, clean and safe. You will have no issue finding a taxi at Dubai Airport.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,106 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private transfer DXB to hotel in Abu Dhabi for family of 8.

8 people with luggage will need a mini bus and not a single taxi.

So the most reputable and most likely to be there when you need it are 2 taxis from the rank at dubai airport.

Because of the size of your party and your concerns then if you want a firm you can hold to account ask the hotel to provide the transfer.

Otherwise just pick one on google.

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private transfer DXB to hotel in Abu Dhabi for family of 8.

Since you are party of 8 and the 7 seaters actually accommodate 6 passengers (driver is number 7).

So you may need a 7 seater van and a regular sedan car. Or a second 7 seater van but where you can place most of the baggage and 2 passengers.

North of England
Level Contributor
149 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private transfer DXB to hotel in Abu Dhabi for family of 8.

Thank you for your responses.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private transfer DXB to hotel in Abu Dhabi for family of 8.

Honestly, I'd just take two of the vehicles from the offical taxi rank. Perhaps have a word with the marshall and the drivers to stipulate they should travel in convoy. Tell them there's no chance of a tip if they don't arrive together...😄

I'd suggest there's less risk using official RTA vehicles directly than taking a provider you've hired online.

North of England
Level Contributor
149 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private transfer DXB to hotel in Abu Dhabi for family of 8.

Thank you Shaun C!

That's a good idea that I hadn't realised I could request!

That's the point of all this really - we want to all arrive together at the hotel and don't want to have to be waiting around to check in at the hotel or back at the airport on our return!

Thanks again!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private transfer DXB to hotel in Abu Dhabi for family of 8.

@Scorching - no worries, happy to help. Better to 'see the whites of their eyes' than rely on t'internet or a third party provider. RTA works well in Dubai and just don't be suckered by their offers of 'limousines' - stick to the liveried options and you'll be golden.

Enjjoy Dubai and Abu Dhabi 😄

North of England
Level Contributor
149 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private transfer DXB to hotel in Abu Dhabi for family of 8.

Shaun C - 'thank you'!! xx

Reply to: Private transfer DXB to hotel in Abu Dhabi for family of 8.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted