We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop on hop off bus companies

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
130 reviews
Hop on hop off bus companies

Looking at getting a 2 day pass for HOHO bus, how many companies are there? I think I have seen 2 in my research, Big Bus and City Sightseeing any advice on the which is better or any other options greatly appreciated.

Just wanting to see city sights at our own pace.

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Hop on hop off bus companies

Most pot for the Big Bus Tour - it is well established.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
130 reviews
2. Re: Hop on hop off bus companies

Thanks DXBINC, I will have to research further, it seems on BB you don't get access to the Palm route unless you get a 5 day pass?

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
130 reviews
3. Re: Hop on hop off bus companies

Usually on travels it is not best to book most tickets online as they are cheaper when you land.

Is it cheaper to buy HOHO tickets prior to arrival or wait till we get there?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,695 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Hop on hop off bus companies

You buy the ticket on the bus I think and as far as I know it's the same price but a glance at their webiste should confirm.

I wouldn't worry unduly about the Palm route - the Palm is best seen from above, such as during the happy hour drinks from the Observatory restaurant on the 53rd floor of the Marriott Harbour hotel. It's much larger than people think and at ground level it's hard to tell that you are actually on a Palm shaped island.

I remember a post a few years ago from an indignant lady who complained on here that she was promised she'd see the Palm Island on a tour and she spent all that time on a bus without going anywhere near it. She also mentioned that the tour had visited Atlantis.

We pointed out that as she had been to Atlantis she had actually been on the Palm Island but just hadn't noticed

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
130 reviews
5. Re: Hop on hop off bus companies

Thanks again Latimer, some people can't see the forest for the trees!

I have noted your suggestion of the 53rd floor on here before, I hope to make it there.

I discovered Big Bus does include the Palm route, I was confused cos only for a 5 day pass you get a bonus Palm tour or something.

Cambs, England
Level Contributor
52 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Hop on hop off bus companies

We did the City Sightseeing as we were able to do everything in a day. But it was a very long day on and off the buses. I think it would be better to do it over a few days if you have the time as we were totally shattered by the end of the day. Although we got to see all the sights we only really had time to get off a couple of times (once at the Mall of the Emirates & once for the river cruise). I took us around 7 hours in total I think and about 5 hours were on the bus but this was the complete route they offer.

It is also quite expensive so I'd suggest getting the Entertainer to soften the blow you'll soon get your money back & more after a few days of trips & meals etc.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
130 reviews
7. Re: Hop on hop off bus companies

Thanks woolly, we would be doing a 2 day pass.

How was City Sightseeing?

Cambs, England
Level Contributor
52 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Hop on hop off bus companies

As a company we found them helpful and the audio on the tour was informative. Doing a two day tour will give you enough time to visit the attractions without having to rush to much.

Reply to: Hop on hop off bus companies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted