We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rolex watch purchase in Dubai

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Rolex watch purchase in Dubai

Hi,

Looking to buy a Rolex Submariner or similar while we're here for a week's holiday.

Is the best place the duty free shop at the airport on the way home?

Are there any deals to be had elsewhere?

I'd consider pre owned also.

Thank you.

17 replies to this topic
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rolex watch purchase in Dubai

My husband has a watch fetish and has bought a number of watches over the years from various places including The UK, Far East and UAE. When buying in The UAE he has always made a decent saving compared to The UK prices. Granted the exchange rate has been a lot better at times but even with the poor rate it can still be cheaper than The UK as retailers in Dubai will drop their prices massively compared to The UK. You never pay the original price quoted.

He's bought from several different shops but rates Ahmed Saddiqi & Sons in Deira City Centre as it's not as tourist centric and tends to get them down a lot on price.

I think you need to have an idea what you want and shop about in The UK first to

ensure you know the cost of it back home then see what reatailers are prepared to give you in Dubai, again shop

about and don't be afraid to barter. If the deals no good then walk away and buy it once you're back in The UK

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rolex watch purchase in Dubai

Forgot to add he's also bought from

a shop in Sadaf building in JBR and they sold new and used rolex watches but I can't remember the name of the shop.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rolex watch purchase in Dubai

Sorry for the late reply - in the end, it all came to nothing.

Tried numerous shops in Dubai, no deals to be had anywhere, the Submariners were thin on the ground, too.

Got to the airport, was running late, never had time to look in Duty Free!

Going to Abu Dhabi in December, gonna try again...

Glasgow
Level Contributor
436 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rolex watch purchase in Dubai

Cheapest place I’ve seen to buy a Rolex was at Heathrow ( T5) . However good luck finding anywhere selling submariners ( sometimes can get the metal/ gold) or Sea Dewellers not many for sale. I’ve tried London, Dubai and New York in the last month and none in stock and not takin any names for waiting lists.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rolex watch purchase in Dubai

if you buy in duty free, just remember to hide the bags as you walk back out of the airport when you get home. border force love to catch those rolex guys. if stopped you would need to pay the tax up front. herd this from someone who was stopped.

Haan, Germany
Level Contributor
213 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Rolex watch purchase in Dubai

In any case be sure about the prices at home. I never found watches or jewellery cehaper in the Emirates, in particular not at an duty free shops.

Be also aware of warrany regulations. I'm not sure about Rolex, but I know about other companies who do not guarantee world wide warranty. You have to sent back within the country you bought your equiment.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Rolex watch purchase in Dubai

Thanks guy, some very informative posts on here - prices seem crazy at the moment, exchange rate isn't helping either.

Still looking...

Reply to: Rolex watch purchase in Dubai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted