We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does the Jumeirah Flavours package work?

2 posts
Save Topic
How does the Jumeirah Flavours package work?

My wife and I are going to stay at Zabeel Saray next week on half board. We would like to take benefit from the Jumeirah Flavours package that is - at least I think it is - included in the half board option. As far as I can tell, there are no vouchers anymore; thus, I am asking myself how the Flavours package works. Let's say I want to eat at restaurants at Madinat, like Al Fayrooz or Perry & Blackwelder's or at Alta Badia in the Emirate Tower, do I have to make a reservation or am I able to go there on a whim? And how do I prove to them that I am eligible for a complimentary breakfast and a complimentary dinner? And how do I know what is complimentary from the menu? I looked at the menus of Alta Badia and Perry & Blackwelder's on Zomato, and there is no indication of what is complimentary.

Thank you in Advance!

5 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does the Jumeirah Flavours package work?

Staying at the JZS also in august - I emailed them and asked them to send me the menus for the restaurants I was interested in. Also it was noted on some of the places that there was an supplement.

They also advised in booking in advance with them

Biggin Hill, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does the Jumeirah Flavours package work?

book in advance, eat your dinner, sign the receipt with your name and room number and it gets charged to your account - if its a zero supplement meal, then it will be a zero charge - you will have to pay for drinks though.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
434 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does the Jumeirah Flavours package work?

Herewith link to the Jumeirah Flavours package: https:/… - you can use the filter option to see what is included in the half board option, and what comes with a supplement.

Yes, I would definitely recommend you pre-booking your reservation at least 24 hours in advance - we were unable to visit Pai Thai on our recent visit as it was constantly fully booked up on the times we wanted.

On the whole, we found the Flavours package very good value, although we did also visit a couple that came with a supplement (Zheng He's - outstanding / The Hide - average!). All the restaurants we visited were familiar with this, you just had to show them your room card/key & then signed a zero bill at the end of it - any extra's including drinks/supplements come on a separate bill whereby you can either pay cash, or charge it on your room & settle up on departure.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How does the Jumeirah Flavours package work?

Thank You! That's what I was looking for. I see; the room card is the way to prove that! Thank you again!

I have an additional question. As far as I can tell, we are only entitled to breakfast and dinner. Is this a time-specific limitation or menu-specific? Let's say I want to eat at Perry & Blackwelder's or The Noodle House, or I want to have an afternoon tea at the Sultan Lounge at midday. Are we entitled to eat there a complimentary meal? I am bit confused because in German in lunch means Mittagessen (roughly translated in midday dinner) and dinner means Abendessen (evening dinner). So I assumed that it is a time-specific restriction. Thank you in Advance.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
434 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does the Jumeirah Flavours package work?

You're welcome! To clarify, the half board package includes breakfast & evening meal only (from 6pm onwards). I understand you used to be able to swap evening meal for lunch in previous years, but this option has now been withdrawn - still good value though IMO........ENJOY!

Reply to: How does the Jumeirah Flavours package work?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted