We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unmarried

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Unmarried

Hi I'm travelling to Dubai this Saturday 16/6 to Dubai with my girlfriend who is Asian. I have been told that being unmarried could potentially be a problem? Can anybody share some light on this please as I'm a bit taken aback by their rules!

Best Seller
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,966 Reviews
from US$67.40*
Special Offer
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
397 Reviews
from US$43.00*
US$48.00
Special Offer
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
136 Reviews
from US$53.00*
US$59.00
5 replies to this topic
Al Ain, United Arab...
Level Contributor
171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unmarried

Hi, there is nothing to worry in UAE. It’s a tourist destination and they welcome guest.

Europe
Level Contributor
16,764 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unmarried

Hi, Dean

Millions of unmarried couples , including those of different races, visit the UAE every year and have a great time.

Different surnames on passports isn’t a problem, not at immigration, not at hotels, not anywhere!

Many married women retain their maiden name on their passport. .. it’s not an issue.

If you have any other concerns or queries, look at the right hand side of this forum board and see Top Questions About Dubai.

There’s lots of really useful info there about many aspects of being a visitor to Dubai.

Have a wonderful time... we always do!

Kind regards

Mon

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
9,423 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unmarried

You'll be fine...👌🏽

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,723 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unmarried

In Dubai, its illegal for unmarried people to share a hotel room

Do what everybody else does and you'll be fine

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,791 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unmarried

It's all about minimisation. Minimise the factors and you'll be fine.

* Act respectfully, and discretely

* Stay at a nicer hotel in a more cosmopolitan neighbourhood

* Read up carefully on OBJECTIVE websites and sources of info, rather than sensationalist rag media sites.

* No overt shows of affection or intimacy

* Situational awareness - if you're visiting a hotel that may have a high number of GCC or 'local' guests, don't flounce about reception about like a Russian Instagram 'fitness model' in a thong. This counts for your GF too 😄

Yes, there are issues - but it's usually down to a lack of personal responsibility in the infinitesimally small number of 'cases' compared to the hundreds of thousands of travellers.

Enjoy Dubai 👍 🇦🇪

Edited: 13 June 2018, 13:54
Reply to: Unmarried
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted