We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers

Albury, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport Transfers

What the best way to get from the airport to hotel

Best Seller
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,964 Reviews
from US$67.40*
Special Offer
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
395 Reviews
from US$43.00*
US$48.00
Special Offer
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
136 Reviews
from US$53.00*
US$59.00
3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
238 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers

I haven't been to dubai yet, going in September, but I've researched a lot on here(it's really useful, have a browse at some of the forum topics) and people recommend the cream coloured taxis as the best option. The taxis are quite cheap I believe.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers

The 'best' way? Uber Chopper/helicopter IMO 😉

The most practical way for most people is official RTA taxi from the stand. Cost effective, reliable, consistent and readily available at each terminal arrival. Generally well supervised - it's effectively a monpoly - and there's a range of options available to cover most people's needs.

Just be careful not to be persuafed by the hawkers offering 'limo service', as you'll likely pay 20-30+%more to travel in an unliveried Lexus or similar

Edited: 13 June 2018, 20:37
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,029 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers

Taxi at the airport exit, it is controlled by government, metered and no hassles. It is the cheapest and best option compared to higher grade taxis (Careem, for instance; or Uber) or hotel pick up.

Of late we are seeing most of the taxis are now fitted with working credit/debit card reading machines.

Reply to: Airport Transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted