We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Royal Meridian: Non-Smoking Rooms unavailable

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Le Royal Meridian: Non-Smoking Rooms unavailable

I am looking at possibly reserving a room for my honeymoon at the end of Aug (5 nights) but apparently 'non-smoking' rooms are not available for the dates.

Am I wrong to be kind of paranoid about the 'smoking' rooms thinking that a strong smell could ruin the mood?

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
2,035 Reviews
from US$67.40*
US$89.87
Best Seller
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
416 Reviews
from US$48.00*
Special Offer
Desert Safari in Dubai with Barbecue...
167 Reviews
from US$58.65*
US$69.00
hants
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
1 review
1. Re: Le Royal Meridian: Non-Smoking Rooms unavailable

Take a plug in airfreshner or burn a sented candle if you find it bothers you.

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
759 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Le Royal Meridian: Non-Smoking Rooms unavailable

Personally I would not book a smoking room, nor accept a smoking room if allocated on arrival without checking it first. It really seems to depend on who had the room previously and whether the smell lingers. If it has been used by smokers immediately before you then although they may well offer to 'spray' it or change bedding etc, if you are bothered by it, you will still smell smoke.

I can't believe there are no non smoking rooms available at this stage - we were told on check in at LRM last May that these were the only type available, as they 'only have one non smoking floor' - but according to the buttons in the lift there was only one floor which was smoking rooms....I think we were being told whatever suited them on the front desk.

If you are set on staying at LRM I would e-mail them and explain you really want non smoking, and that it's your honeymoon - and see what reply you get. If they promise you a non-smoking room make sure you print this out and take it with you. If they can't promise this, then personally I would book elsewhere.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Le Royal Meridian: Non-Smoking Rooms unavailable

Thanks for the response. I found it more than a little strange that they did not have non-smoking rooms available. Even confirmed with an advisor on the live chat on the booking website that they seemed to be unavailable.

Have emailed the hotel so will have to see what they say.

Not having stayed in a smoking room before in any hotel, I am unsure what to expect but have a bad feeling about it and as you pointed out once it is in your head you seem to have a stronger sense of smell.

Also, just generally surprised you are allowed to smoke inside rooms btu maybe it is because I am used to the west. Fire hazard, surely?

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Le Royal Meridian: Non-Smoking Rooms unavailable

After much fiasco we ended up with a smoking room in the club building, didn't realise until later. Couldn't smell any smoke, if I could I would have went to town, but I did originally book a non smoking room. Not sure how far a complaint would go if it's what you had actually booked.

5. Re: Le Royal Meridian: Non-Smoking Rooms unavailable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2013, 17:24