We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai 10 hour night stopover, are there any lounges?

Strathalbyn...
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Dubai 10 hour night stopover, are there any lounges?

Hi

We are travelling home from Europe to Australia in April and unfortunately have a 10 hour stopover, arriving at 12:15am, departing at 10:10am, firstly are there many chairs for sleeping/resting.

I have heard that it is a very busy airport, also is the shopping good? Seems there is lots of old info online but not much recent, any advice would help. I also am assuming that we do not need a visa if we are staying in the airport, is this true?

Camel Company
Gift & Speciality Shops
Glitz & Glamore
Gift & Speciality Shops
Dubai
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Dubai 10 hour night stopover, are there any lounges?

If you are in transit you do not need a Visa and if you were a holder of one of the 23 countries that do not require a visa before hand you would get one on arrival anyway. eg UK pasport and most of the EU

Shopping is meant to be good according to my wife but not as good for her as Terminal5 London Heathrow.

There are plenty of rest opportunities, not sure who you are flying ( Emirates are T3 whereas the rest are T1) and lounges if you are a member of an airline club or Priority Pass

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,765 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Dubai 10 hour night stopover, are there any lounges?

That is the busiest time of day at the airport and you will see people sleeping on the floor because of the lack of chairs.

Personally I would leave the airport and check into Premier Inn or Holiday Express and get some proper sleep and a shower.

If your onward flight is with the same airline then there's no need to collect your bags and if you have a AUS passport you will get a visa automatically stamped in your pasport at immigration.

You could be in the hotel by 1.30 and not have to leave to get back to the airport till 8am as both hotels are so close.

Alternatively, you can pay to go in a lounge such as the Marhaba lounge and in there you will find chairs, food and drinks etc

3. Re: Dubai 10 hour night stopover, are there any lounges?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2013, 17:25