We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Tour in Sucre

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Food Tour in Sucre

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Sucre in November. We will be flying directly from LPB to Sucre, where we'll be for 3 days. We have a tradition trying to do do a food tour on the first day whenever we're in new country, so we can get an introduction to the food so we know what to try the rest of our trip.

There are a few options for food tours in La Paz, but does anyone know of any in Sucre? We have looked outline and have not found any (might be a good market for any aspiring entrepreneurs!).

Thanks!

Zach

Mentioned in this post
Sucre
Sucre
Chuquisaca Department, Bolivia
La Paz
La Paz
La Paz Department, Bolivia
1 reply
Duffel, Belgium
Level Contributor
52 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Tour in Sucre

We've been in Sucre some weeks ago. I saw a lot of little tourist agency's, but I don't know they have food tours.

You can ask and maybe they can arrange something. Joy ride turismo is recommended. (did a MTB tour with them)

Or you can do a tour on your own and ask in the restaurants for their house specialities. You should definitely try the pique macho, llama meat and the empanada chicken (you can get them on the street)

Mentioned in this post
Sucre
Sucre
Chuquisaca Department, Bolivia
Reply to: Food Tour in Sucre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sucre