We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa form for Cambodia

Scunthorpe
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa form for Cambodia

Can you use a printed format of the visa form off the internet at Phnom Penh airport when applying for your visa?

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,429 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa form for Cambodia

visa forms are distributed on the plane

Scunthorpe
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa form for Cambodia

This didn't happen on my last flight to Phnom Penh and I ended up in a large queue as more than one flight had landed at the same time. That's why I wondered if I could use a pre printed form off the internet.

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa form for Cambodia

No. If you do try this it will be rejected and you will have to complete the correct form.

Three forms are usually given out on the flight to Cambodia:

Application for Visa Form

Arrival/Departure Form

Customs Declaration Form.

If not given out on the flight for any reason, they are all available free of charge in the arrivals hall.

Just remember to have your photo and US$20 ready as well as completing the Visa Application Form.

Best regards. Ian

Mentioned in this post
Earth
Level Contributor
441 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa form for Cambodia

When we arrived a few days ago, no forms given on plane AND no forms available in arrivals hall. Report to official met with shrug but soon someone came and started handing them out. Chaos for a few minutes but then went smoothly. Lots of staff on hand to process. Next time I will use E-visa to avoid delay.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa form for Cambodia

On my last three trips l have downloaded and printed visa forms off the Cambodian Embassy in Australia and filled them out and handed them over with my passport at PP. we were not denie and also it got us to the front of the line. Not all airlines give them out on board, certainly not Air Asia.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
196 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa form for Cambodia

if i make the visa on internet , i don't need to make anything on plane? i arrive at the airport , and give my visa to the police ?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa form for Cambodia

HI Ian - you raise a good point, could I follow up? We etruned from our first trip in April - were ready for the visa form issue and 20 per adult on hand (we also had two thildren under 5 with us, no cost for them obviously) - but the photo request took us by surprise. We didn't have one ready and were simply charged a fee.

I am going back to SR on Friday, with my husband and a friend (we clearly liked it!), and again we were just going to fill out the visas when we arrive and pay the 20. But regrading the photo, can you give any advice/context to this? I didn't fully understand it is clearly a requirement! eg, does it need to be passport sized? Does it matter if you're smiling or not? Does it matter if its just any old spare pic of yourself you have available! Or, if we just arrive again unprepared, what are the normal fees for having your pic taken in the airport? (I think we paid an extra 10, for two adults and my 17 yo daughter, in PP)

Any advice appreciated :)

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,713 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa form for Cambodia

http://www.embassyofcambodia.org/faq.html

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa form for Cambodia

Hello rachaelOz,

I can only speak from personal experience which is:

I have had the form downloaded from the internet refused and been required to complete the current printed Visa Application Form. This, of course, put me right at the back of the processing line.

Likewise, I have had an earlier edition of the Visa Application Form declined and, as above, have had to complete a current edition form, and with the same result.

But contrarily another person with an out of date Visa Application Form had theirs accepted. Go figure?

Now to your specific questions re having a current Passport/Visa type and size photo for each applicant.

Yes, this is a legal requirement and for a number of reasons you are advised to come prepared to meet this requirement even though for a small fee, you will be assisted round this matter if you arrive without the necessary one (1) photo per applicant. However, on busy days when a large plane or several small planes arrive in close proximity, which happens, you will usually be the last to be processed.

Given how cheap these types of photos are in SE Asia, I just go and get a bunch of them for a dollar or two and this sees me through many visits to Cambodia, Lao PDR and Vietnam. On a trip last year I went to a photo studio in Battambang and got studio quality passport photos at eight for KHR 8,000 circa $2.00. They were so good that my family and Cambodian friends all wanted one from me! So back for some more in three weeks time.

The requirement is that they be...Recent Passport/Visa type and size photos...so, if they show your face fully frontal and still look like the one in your passport no one is going to even mention the subject to you. But they must be photos - not just something you have printed out on your printer at home, although I have heard of people having these accepted too. But why tempt fate and waste time unnecessarily?

The current going rate for making a copy/scan of your actual passport photo at an airport on arrival is $2. But as this is an unofficial "service" to you the rate can be a bit "flexible" ,especially so for those first time visitors without any previous KH Visa/s in their passport.

This trip, just go to any photo shop and get a bunch of photos at very little cost for use on future travels in SE Asia.

Best regards. Ian

Edited: 29 July 2014, 06:38
Mentioned in this post
Battambang
Battambang
Battambang Province, Cambodia
10. Re: Visa form for Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 12:16