We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Quality guitars in Shenzhen

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
Good Quality guitars in Shenzhen

Hi guys,

Apologies if this topic has already been covered here, but I was wondering if there were any good guitar shops in Shenzhen ? I come to HK very often and has always wondered if it was worth crossing the border to check it out. I am mostly interested in major brands and high end instruments, which makes a little defensive when thinking of buying this in China.

I was wondering if:

1- top international brands were available and authentic/genuine (PRS, Gibson etc...). I am not interested in their fake 'Chibson' and other stuff.

2- the price difference with HK was worth the trip

Thanks in advance guys !

Mentioned in this post
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
4 replies to this topic
Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Quality guitars in Shenzhen

Anything High-end is more expensive here than in HK.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
531 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Quality guitars in Shenzhen

generally the rule of thumb is that if its a foreign brand it will be higher in china. if not everybody would be taking trips to china to load up on apple iphones. you only get breaks if its a chinese mfr brand.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
541 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Quality guitars in Shenzhen

...and if it's reasonable priced it won't be authentic. In HK you can check Tom Lee Music or Parsons, but I don't think they have good prices on US brands compare to the USA.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Quality guitars in Shenzhen

thanks a lot guys. That's kind of what I thought, but after reading a guy mentioning it on a forum I thought I'd check with locals... I hope this dude did not buy a Chibson thinking it was the real deal ;-)

Reply to: Good Quality guitars in Shenzhen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted