We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places of attractions in zhuhai

Singapore
Level Contributor
937 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
places of attractions in zhuhai

Hi, Zhuihai Experts,

Planning to go to Macau for 2 nights and then go to Zhuhai for another 2 nights as from the forum; i noted that it is cheap to eat and shop at Zhuhai.

After Zhuhai, i may go to Hong Kong before returning to Singapore.

I have some friends who visited ZhuHai and they recommended some places which i cant find any info in this forum. Hence need your advice how u find the two places namely Zhuhai Sante Cableway and Lost City.

My friends also visited a hot spring in Zhuhai but she just cant remember its name. Is hot spring popular and worth visiting in Zhuhai?

From the border of Zhuhai, what is the best mode of transport to get to the Hotel? My friend recommended Hotel Jumbo; is this a convenient hotel?

Besides the two places which my friend has recommended; any places to visit esp nature to recommend?

is it more convenient to go to hong kong direct from Zhuhai instead of through Macau?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
33,052 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places of attractions in zhuhai

I'll answer your last quetsion first since it's easy: Direct ferries from Zhuhai to HKG every hour approx (alternating between Kowloon & HKG Island);

I don't know the places your friend has mentioned either! Lost City is a water park in Jida; There is a small cableway in ShiJingShan Park, very close to the ferry port. The views are nice on a clear day. If you like "built" entertainment then the New Yuan Ming Palace is supposed to be worth a visit. If you like to poke around with the locals I recommend Tangjiawan & Qiao Dao, easily assessed by local buses. There is a sightseeing bus (02) that travels along the coastline & you can get off at the Zhuhai Fisher girl statue.

There seem to be two hot springs resorts - Ocean Springs & Imperial Hot Springs. Again I have to confess I haven't visited either.

The Holiday Inn & Harbour View seem to be popular hotels with expats.

Singapore
Level Contributor
937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places of attractions in zhuhai

hi, zhuhai2007,

thanks for your prompt reply.

Is Jida near to zhuhai? According to my friend, it is a theme park with hot springs. Shall i give it a miss?

What can i do at ShiJingShan Park? How far is the journey from border of Zhuhai to get to this Park? Worth visiting?

Is it convenient to take the public bus to those places of interest which u mention?

Singapore
Level Contributor
937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places of attractions in zhuhai

hi zhuhai2007,

i was looking at the mad and if not mistaken, holiday inn is rather far from the immigration point at zhuhai.

shall i stay a night at the hotel near the immigration point so that i can shop at the underground malls?

then checkout next day to go to holiday inn which is nearer to the zhuhai yu nu (statue) and also other places of interests?

Singapore
Level Contributor
937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places of attractions in zhuhai

hi, zhuhai2007,

sorry typo error; map and not mad.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,052 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places of attractions in zhuhai

Distances are very small - less than a 10 minute taxi ride from the border, but if your friend has recommended the Jumbo why not give it a try? I assume you can speak Chinese so a "western-managed" hotel may not be important to you.

Singapore
Level Contributor
937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places of attractions in zhuhai

hi, zhuhai2007,

May just stay at two different hotels as worry how to shop when i cross over from macau.

by the way, Is Jida near to zhuhai? is it a theme park with hot springs. Shall i give it a miss?

What can i do at ShiJingShan Park?

Is it convenient to take the public bus to these two places of interest ?

SG
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: places of attractions in zhuhai

Hello Simson, I am planning a trip to ZhuHai on 20th to 25th July 2007. Wonder when U plan to go there? It will be nice to meet a fellow S'porean there.

I be travelling by Tiger Airways..... abt S$295 incl tax to Macau.

From the airport will take a bus AP1 or Express link. to Gongbei.

So you're interested to be my travel buddy give me a buzz

9661-5235

Cheers

gohsweeh

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7,920 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: places of attractions in zhuhai

Hi Simson,

I can't answer all of your questions, but I know that Jida is a suburb of Zhuhai; I don't know about the hot springs.

The bus service in the city is excellent although i am not so familiar with all the routes. There is some beginning information at this site:

travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/…town-bus.htm

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,052 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: places of attractions in zhuhai

Lost City is a water park for children. It is adjacent to the New Yuan Ming Palace Theme Park. Both are at the terminus of several buses. I am only familiar with the #69 bus which goes through the midtown areas of Xiangzhou & Jida (passing the Holiday Inn). Your hotel will be able to advise you the best way to get there. It is better not to worry about tranposrt until you have chosen a hotel. Taxis are plentiful & cheap and the public bus service is clean, cheap and reliable.

The Hot springs as I mentioned before are a long way out of the downtown areas of Zhuhai.

Singapore
Level Contributor
937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: places of attractions in zhuhai

thanks oisaan and zhuhai2007 for the information. i will check out the website for more information.

GohSH, i wont be going so soon; likely later part of the year; doing homework now so i can make the necessary arrangment. when u back do share your holiday experiences with us. thanks in advance.