We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Gongbei

Singapore
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Topic
Hotels in Gongbei

Dear Experts of Zhuhai Forum,

We will be travelling to Zhuhai via Macau International Airport in Jaunary 2013 and we have 3 hotels in mind as follows:

(1) 7 Days Inn (Zhuhai Gongbei)

No.88 Guihua South Road, Gongbei, Zhuhai, Guangdong Province

(2) 7 Days inn Gongbei Kouan_er

No.2039 Yingbin South Road, Gongbei District, Zhuhai 519020, China

(3) Friendship Hotel

2 Youyi Road, Gongbei District, Zhuhai 519015, China

Pls advise which hotel is within walking distance to the Zhuhai Gongbei Custom? Pls also provide the directions on how to walk from the Custom to the hotel. Thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Gongbei

Would appreciate a reply for my question, please. Thanks!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
380 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Gongbei

Never stayed in all 3 of them before, but seen Friendship Hotel, its the nearest among the 3. Its actually located opposite 1 of the Gongbei Underground Exit, just ask for direction to the exit for Youyi Ru (Friendship Road), take the elevator up & out from the exit, you can see it on the opposite road. From TA and Googlemap the othe 2 might be a bit far, at least 15 mins walk or short taxi ride. Although Friendship reviews rating in TA is a bit low but i couldnt see much complain so its should be stayable. If you could budget a bit more, Zhuhai Guotai is great, good reviews and also within walking distance to Gongbei Underground.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297418-d142079…

Singapore
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Gongbei

Thank you for the info Raymond.

Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Gongbei

Hi, I will be traveling to zhuhai very soon... Here's the hotel I will be staying.. abt 5-10 mins walking from Gongbei underground shopping.. Not sure if it's good.. Will update u

Anyway, here's the website

www.lhotels.cc/en/products.html…

There's two branches, one nearer the custom as advised by Raymond in my post is more x, this is cheaper and not very far, also at the lotus shopping street. (here's website in Chinese if u are able to read)

…elong.com/Minan_Hotel_Gongbei_Zhuhai-320040…

Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Gongbei

I did shortlisted Yong Tong 永通 hotel too, which is at very close to customs, in fact nearer than L hotel I mentioned earlier. You can search TA or agoda for reviews, just good comments though.

I decided L hotel because want to try this newly renovated hotel (used to be another hotel but now changed management)

Singapore
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Gongbei

Thanks Eslim! I look forward to your update on L Hotel and I will also check out reviews on Yong Tong hotel. Have a marvelous trip to Zhuhai!

Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Gongbei

Hi Esther! I'm back from Zhuhai. Do read my review on L Hotel (trip advisor still titled as "Gongbei Min an Hotel":

tripadvisor.com.sg/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Overall, it's good stopover stay and comfortable! As for the location, saw Yong Tong hotel, it's much nearer to the Gongbei underground shopping (same exit) than L-hotel but the latter is still within 5mins walk from the exit. Out of these three, Friendship hotel nearest, after the exit, you will see straight in your eyes (need to cross a road of course)

you may pm me if you want me to send your pics of my room and a higher category room with fully renovated modern bathroom/toilet.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
380 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Gongbei

Haha Eslim, finally you did your Zhuhai trip. Saw your review on the hotel, remember send me the pics. Hows Zhuhai? Visited any places that i mapped out for you? Tried Gam Yuet Hin?

Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Gongbei

Haha.. Third time stopover in Zhuhai along with Macau.. still not enough time to shop!! It's the first time for my friends and they are amazed at the bargains they got there... We shopped from 5pm till the underground ground mall closes its light around 10.40pm..without eating & drinking!

And yes, we got more bargain power nearer their closing hours... Dinner at your recommended Shanghai restaurant. Too bad, next time no time to try Gam.. as we want to reach Macau soonest possible due to a lunch appointment.... will try next time! Btw, both ways at china custom only one lane for foreigners so pretty slow..

Tks Raymond for ur many advise! And to Esther, happy planning..

Singapore
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels in Gongbei

Welcome back Eslim! Glad to know you had a good stay at L-hotel. Thanks so much for the location details of Yong Tong, L- and Friendship hotels - this info would certainly help me in my planning. Yes, as suggested, I will pm you and request for the pics of your room.

Thanks also to Raymond's recommendation on Gam. I will most certainly include this Dim Sum place in my itinerary.