We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iltis Huk near Qingdao

Renton, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Iltis Huk near Qingdao

100 years ago, my mother and her siblings summered at Iltis Huk , which was several miles from Qingdao port. There was a hook-like promentory of rocks on a peninsula, with several beaches, and little islands off shore. Is it possible to identify this place today?

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
913 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iltis Huk near Qingdao

Yes, it's 太平角, Iltis Huk is its German name. I guess the port you said is Zhanqiao Pier.

It's very near Badaguan, approx. 2km away from Zhanqiao Pier. The No.2 bath beach and No.3 bath beach are on its west and east. Now there is a park.

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
913 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iltis Huk near Qingdao

Here is a list of the old names...

…wikipedia.org/wiki/…A8

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
913 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iltis Huk near Qingdao

Also you can search Taiping Bay, Qingdao on Google map to see the location. I wanna prepare a map for you but TA doesn't allow users to insert pictures.

Renton, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iltis Huk near Qingdao

Thank you so much for your information; you are truly a 'Destination Expert for Qingdao.' I am making plans to take the train from Jinan to Qingdao next month--a trip our mother made when only 2 weeks old--100 years ago. This is very exciting!

Renton, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iltis Huk near Qingdao

I have studied Google Map, and I believe the peninsula with Haidao Scenic is Iltis Huk. Am I correct?

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
913 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iltis Huk near Qingdao

Yes, you are correct!

7. Re: Iltis Huk near Qingdao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Qingdao
Recent Conversations