We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Medellin

Marathon, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Hotel in Medellin

Bonjour. I was going to reserve at Patio del Mundo until I read the reviews about the noise. Is there a well located, small, quiet hotel in Medellin for september vacation ?

It is overwhelming to try to read the many reviews.

Thanks for any help.

10 replies to this topic
CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Medellin
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: Hotel in Medellin

No such thing as a quiet hotel in Medellin - especially on the weekend - some are just less noisy then others - earplugs are your best friend in Colombia

Florida
Level Contributor
26 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Hotel in Medellin

We stayed at an AirBnB in Laureles this past week, including weekend nights and a holiday. We had no issue with noise and slept with our windows opened. The apartment was located within walking distance of two grocery stores and many, many restaurants. Uber was easy to use from our location.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Hotel in Medellin

To find small, quiet and well located is near impossible for a hotel. If you want a larger hotel, try Dann Carleton. 5 star luxury, well located in Poblado and quiet. A bit cheaper is Hotel Vivre, close to Poblado, smaller and quiet. Ibis is also great, but more of a traveller hotel, it's in a quiet but real cool neighborhood.

As another poster said, AirBnb might be a better option for you.

Colombia
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
198 reviews
4. Re: Hotel in Medellin

Du Parc hotel is near to Park Lleras - midway between there and Park Poblado. Well located, walking to everywhere and looks very nice.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Hotel in Medellin

would you be able to share the details of the AIRBNB? thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Salta
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
308 reviews
6. Re: Hotel in Medellin

We stayed at the Ibis close to the Museo de Arte Moderno in the business district but easy access to other places. Close to the food truck area for some excellent food! Some details and photos of our time in te city on our blog @ https:/…

The hotel was simple, inexpensive and very quiet.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Hotel in Medellin

Hola! Did you end up getting an air bnb?

Spring Lake...
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Hotel in Medellin

61 Prado... It is perfecto! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeVwufga8EQ

Spring Lake...
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
9. Re: Hotel in Medellin

PS...some folks have complained about the neighborhood around 61 Prado. But you know... we didn't see it at all - sure its a bit working class - but we were in and out for four days walking always- day and night and never had a problem. Plus the Metro really is a five minute walk... Not A Guide book "five minute walk" and you are one stop from the city centre. The place is a beauty - the cost is so low - I think you will be pleased... watch the video - any questions drop me a line. Have a great trip... :)

ed8
San Diego...
Level Contributor
220 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Hotel in Medellin

I stayed at Hotel Sites which is a 5-10 minute drive to park lleras. The walk is about 15 minutes. Hotel was quiet and comfortable.

The thing about Medellin is that there are many hills so walking could be a chore. For example, El Tesoro mall looks doable on the map but that hill is a killer.

Reply to: Hotel in Medellin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted