We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

I'll be coming to Atlantic City via Philadelphia Airport. Anyone try Uber or Lyft? I don't have enough time to catch the train. Its either one of those or a car service. Any suggestions?

12 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
961 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

Uber/Lyft is probably your best bet, might be a little on the expensive side though as the ride from PHL to AC is just over an hour. Should still be cheaper than a limo/car service or cab though.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

I'm assuming you can't rent a car?

West Chester...
Level Contributor
188 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

What time and day of the week does your flight arrive?

I contacted a shuttle service a couple months ago and the one way rate was around $150. This could be a shared ride.

I am at a loss as to why there are so few reasonable transportation options when it comes to Philly to AC.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

>> ..why there are so few reasonable transportation options when it comes to Philly to AC<< There are options.

And reasonable options. BUT, the OP >>I don't have enough time to catch the train<<

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

lucky that there is a train to get from the airport to the beach. And a bus if you prefer. Many east coast beaches are way more limited on ways to get there.. Ocean City, MD from Baltimore airport? Forget it..

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

Just came back from my trip, Uber/Lyft was $110-$140 each way, very easy to get a ride from both PHL and Atlantic City. Fair warning - traffic really backs up in NJ!

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,922 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

Rishi G ~ Thanks for posting what it cost you back here. Which was better Uber or Lyft? And how was your AC visit?

Yes sadly, Jersey is well known for traffic.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

Will an Uber or Lyft driver at the Philly airport give me a hard time about driving to Atlantic City?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

Peter, they might. I was picked up at Newark a few weeks ago and was staying in Northern NJ (about a half hour away) but a NY driver picked me up and then canceled the trip once he found out I wasn't going into NY. This is my biggest gripe about Uber/Lyft. The driver doesn't know where you're going and you can wait 5-10 minutes for them to arrive to tell you they're not able to take you.

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?

Peter, I had no problem at either PHL or Atlantic City getting Lyft/Uber. Most drivers I spoke to actually preferred one long drive as opposed to multiple small stops. It took literally less than 5 minutes to get a Lyft at PHL.

As soon as get you get pinged to a car, you can always call the driver and let them kow you're going to AC. If they want to cancel, they can cancel then.

Also, didn't realize that traffic is super bad around 3-6 weekdays (from PHL > AC) and after 1pm on Sunday (from AC> PHL). This will significantly change the price, but I paid $104-$140+.

Reply to: PHL to Atlantic City, Uber/Lyft or Car Service?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted