We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rijeka to Rab bus times.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
59 reviews
Rijeka to Rab bus times.

The itinerary is shaped...and have reserved a cute little apartment in Rab Town for 4 nights from the Fri 14th June. My query is about bus times from Rijeka to Rab. Is there a bus at 10.30 or is it a case of waiting around until the 2pm bus? I have read a couple of different things online on this. We were getting the first bus from Rovinj leaving at 4.40am (yeah horrendous) and will probably still do that as I don't think we can reserve seats on the Rijeka bus there? And earlier into Rijeka the better so as to book... But would like to know what time we can move on from Rijeka. Thanks for any help.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Rijeka to Rab bus times.

have you thought about hydrofoil from Rijeka to Rab? it is certainly much more comfortable than bus. And much shorter...

www.tzg-rab.hr/eng/rab/redpolovidbe.php

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Rijeka to Rab bus times.

Thanks yes, that leaves Rijeka at 17.00? That's our fall back. Would prefer to get into Rab earlier if we can.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Rijeka to Rab bus times.

try Rijeka bus station. they may also book tickets. at

http://www.autotrans.hr/en-us/home

The hydrofoil takes 1.45 hrs, and will get you to Rab 2 hours later than the bus. Concerning the travel by bus, I would rather get up normal time in Rovinj, comfortably get to Rijeka, have lunch, and then take the hydrofoil to Rab. But that's me...

Enjoy Croatia!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Rijeka to Rab bus times.

I am weighing up both options. The buses don't faze us, we can be remarkably good at catching up on sleep on them. Is there positively no bus onwards in the morning? Then we can take the 7am from Rovinj and be there in good time for the 2pm. I was also wondering how booked up the bus is likely to be in June, bearing in mind there are only two of them I think in the day, which was why I was wanting to get there sooner rather than later.

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Rijeka to Rab bus times.

In theory,for middle of the season + Friday, folowing market demands, AutoTrance may ad 1-2 lines to existing schedule.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Rijeka to Rab bus times.

Thanks kefa, that is what I'm not sure about and why I'll probably stick to getting there sooner. Hopefully as the season goes on, it might become clearer.

London, United...
2 posts
7. Re: Rijeka to Rab bus times.

I've also heard that the Ferry from Rijeka to Rab is only like $4 so it might be worth looking at that

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
59 reviews
8. Re: Rijeka to Rab bus times.

Thanks for all replies. I know the foot fares in Croatia are dirt cheap. But not really worried about saving the kuna on this occasion, simply that I don't want to spend all day in transit if it can be avoided.

london
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Rijeka to Rab bus times.

sorry to but im also looking at getting to Rab from Rijeka but only for the day so the 2pm bus would get us there too late - as will the hydrofoil. There's a very early bus from Rijeka but are there any options leaving mid morning to get us there for lunchtime?

10. Re: Rijeka to Rab bus times.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 13:20