We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting genovesa in may/june

London, UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
visiting genovesa in may/june

We hope to visit Galapagos this May/June and would like to see red-footed boobies on Genovesa. Which boats visit there? Or can we see red-footed boobies on any other island?

3 replies to this topic
London, UK
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting genovesa in may/june

We will be travelling on the Isabella II and it is scheduled to go to Genovesa to see the red-footed boobies.

I think if you do a search on Genovesa within the Galapagos Forum some other boats go there too.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting genovesa in may/june

You will definitely need to go to Genovesa to see the Red-footed Boobies. You can see the other 2 species (Blue-footed and Nazca) around the other islands because they fish in shallow waters. Red-footeds are deep-water fishers and Genovesa is the island that fits all of their requirements.

Here's a handy Web page that lets you sort by island: sangay.com/last_minute_offers/…. I can't tell how up-to-date the info is, since there isn't an "updated on ..." date. But it should give you a place to start.

Tina

trip report at http://galapagos2009.wordpress.com/

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
651 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting genovesa in may/june

HI Travelsavvy,

Great choice in picking something that goes to Genovesa. It is one of my favorite islands, and the red footed boobies are definitely one of its main attractions.

There are many ships sailing the Galapagos waters, and many that go to Genovesa. Perhaps you could also narrow down which KIND of cruise (ie large vs small, sailing vessel, catamaran etc) as well as narrow in on Genovesa.

Good luck.

Reply to: visiting genovesa in may/june
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Genovesa