We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh hotel or Old Palace Resort

3 posts
Save Topic
Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh hotel or Old Palace Resort

Can anyone advise which hotel is more suitable ? Me and my girlfriend mid 20s enjoy snorkelling and do not want to be too isolated hence why we have decided to stay in sahl hasheesh rather than makadi bay . Snorkelling is our priority and cleanliness of the hotel . Has anyone been to both hotels and can offer their opinion ? We did look at fort arabesque but from reading the reviews it sounds like it may be going downhill ? Thanks in advance "

Blue Paradise Diving Center
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
New Son Bijou Diving Center
Boat Tours, Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Swim with Dolphins, Other Outdoor Activities
Voodoo Divers
Boat Tours, Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling
Falcon Adventure - Hurghada
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Safaris, Other Outdoor Activities
3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
5,020 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh hotel or Old Palace Resort

Hi rimantas

Both decent hotels...the old palace used to be better, but have heard it's not as high standard as it was, but still a good hotel.

Tropitel is probably similar standards as old palace,but will be more busy.

Both hotel's have good standards of cleanliness.

Also as to being isolated, sahl hasheesh is next to Makadi bay, so you have similar journey if you want to head into hurgarda town.

You'll have a good time in either.

I see you mentioned fort arabesque for snorkeling, which is meant to be really good from this hotel, but it's lower standard then the 2 you've mentioned.

Have a great time whichever hotel you'll end up ☀

Edited: 08 November 2017, 05:08
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh hotel or Old Palace Resort

The Tropitel has a pier to get you out onto the open water side of the reef. In addition there is a large natural rock pool near the end of the pier which is safe for those who are not that good in the sea. The choice of the hotel is up to you but the range of food at the Tropitel is better than the Old Palace. Both are on the boardwalk in Sahl and the locals hire out golf buggies if you want to go to the 'Old Town' as it is called. It is minutes from the Old Palace but a decent 20 minute walk from the Tropitel.

manchester
Level Contributor
542 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh hotel or Old Palace Resort

Im booked for Tropitel

Looks like I made the right choice..

Well looking forward to it now..

Reply to: Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh hotel or Old Palace Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted